Loki's funeral

Hey! Who wants some angst? There are two alternate endings.

Thor stood at the side of a black coffin. Loki had died so many times before, from stabbing, poisoning, and even just walking straight into a random spear that someone had forgotten.

But he had never been choked by a mad titan. Loki.. he meant so much to Thor. Yes, he betrayed him several times a month, but they were still brothers.

Thor threw back his head and screamed. Long and loud. Was this the final time he would see Loki?

Thor got up and ran out of the funeral home. He ran to the nearby park, and slumped down on a bench, dry-sobbing.

An hour later Thor stood up, and walked to the Avengers compound. He was greeted at the door by Clint, who smiled sadly and patted Thor on the back, as high up as he could reach. Thor nodded, and walked up to his room. He flopped down on his bed, but immediately popped up, yelling in pain. On his bed was a dagger. One of Loki's daggers!

"Loki?" Thor whispered, unbelievingly. He could swear he heard a faint whisper. "Hello Brother."

"No way. Brother? Brother! WHERE ARE YOU? Please..." he shouted, then whispered. Captain America came running into the room, looking for the trouble.

"Thor, what happened.. Oh" One word hung heavy in the air. Loki. Cap left the room.

ENDING ONE.

Cap quietly shut the door, and Thor turned around, and saw a figure in green and black standing in the corner of his room.

"Loki." Thor breathed, and ran towards him for a hug.

"Woah there big guy. Hey, I missed you too."

ENDING TWO

Again, Thor spun around, but to no avail. Nobody was there. He flopped back down on his bed, and sighed miserably. Loki would have reappeared by now. Thor got up and went to his mini-fridge. He pulled out a box of poptarts, and tipped it over. The poptarts inside fell out, along with a small slip of paper. Frowning, Thor opened it, and on it was a small not.

'Thor.

This note is being sent with the last piece of my magic. Yes, I'm actually dead this time. No, I don't intend to be resurrected. I am sorry for all the fights we had, all the times I caused you misery. I am sorry.
Your brother;
Loki Odinson.'

Thor stared at the note, for ten long seconds.Then he screamed. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, all sympathising with Thor's anguish. The Avengers knew what was happening, and all had an impromptu moment of silence for the fallen hero.