Chapter 2

(Readers POV)

It was night time. Everyone was in a room with sleeping bags. I was sitting on mine wearing my pajamas, being a simple shirt and shorts. I was looking around and saw that white haired girl again. I got up and walked up to her. I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me.

Weiss: What do you want?

(Y/N): I think we started off on the wrong foot earlier today.

Weiss: Oh yeah. You were the one who knocked my luggage to the ground. I'm going to sleep soon, so I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

I looked down slightly. I started to rub the back of my neck.

(Y/N): Ok. Sorry for bothering you.

I walked back to my sleeping bag and started to lay down.

Sky: Hey (Y/N). You look pretty down.

(Y/N): How do you make friends?

Sky: Oh, um. You have to talk to people.

(Y/N): And what if they don't want to talk?

Sky: Then they are just a big stick in the mud.

I looked up at her confused.

(Y/N): What does that mean?

Sky: Being a stick in the mud means you don't want to do anything with others.

(Y/N): That's cool.

Sky: Yeah, it is. Are you going to sleep?

(Y/N): Might as well.

Sky: Good night (Y/N).

(Y/N): Good night Sky.

I rested my head on the sleeping bag and closed my eyes.

(Time skip)

All the first year students are on a cliffside. I was looking at a huge forest. It looks great. Everyone was standing on these weird gray platforms.

Ozpin: Good morning students. Today you will be showing your skill in the field. What you see in front of you is the Emerald Forest. There is a temple with relics in the north side of the forest. Your mission is to collect a relic and return here in one piece.

He took a sip from his mug.

Ozpin: Today is also the day that you will be assigned to teams. Once you land in the forest, the first person you make eye contact with will be your teammate for the rest of your days here at Beacon. So try to team up with people you get along with.

Teams? I don't know anyone here, except for Sky.

Ozpin: Now, any questions?

A blonde kid raised his hand.

Jaune: Yeah, I've got a question. How are we being dropped off.

Ozpin: You will be launched.

Jaune: Ok, cool. Are you going to give us parachutes?

Ozpin:... No.

The grey platforms we are on sprang up and launched us into the air. Everyone started to fall towards the forest. I closed my eyes. I felt someone grab my arms. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Sky flying while carrying me.

Sky: I told you I would show you I can fly.

(Y/N): This is so cool! I guess this makes us teammates now.

Sky: I guess it does. Let's land. It's hard to fly while carrying someone, not that I'm calling you fat or anything.

We started to slowly descend and we safely landed on the grass.