Chapter 2

I looked around to see if anyone was in the halls to make fun of me.
"Hi!!" A voice startled me from behind. It was a girl with blonde hair and a nice smile, but that smile shrank when she saw my face. I could see she was hesitating.
"Umm, I'm Jessica, I'm new here. Mind if you showed me around?" She introduced.
I checked my Star Wars watch and saw that we still had five minutes until school.
"Sure, let my ugly face guide you." I joked and Jessica seemed to try to hold in a giggle.
I pointed to the left side of the halls.
"Over there, there's drama, english, gym, science and socials."
I pointed to the right side of the halls.
"There is math, Spanish, French, art and tech. Behind us is where they store the computers and stuff, janitor's closet, and yeah. In front is the bathrooms and after school activities and clubs. Is that good enough?"
"Umm.. Can you say that again? I kind of forgot, maybe you can draw it?"
I sighed and took the pencil and paper from her and drew the school.

At lunch, I went to hang out with Summer, but I remembered that she didn't show up today.
"Hey, uh, what's your name?" Jessica called me from an empty table.
"August."
"Cool name! And by the way, I wanted to ask if you wanted to sit with me? Is that cool?"
"Yeah, totally cool."
"Awesome! I don't really have any friends."
Well no surprise that she chose me to sit with her, if she had friends she'd leave me.
"It can be hard to make friends here, people tease, judge, bully, lie, betray. It's a disaster."
"Oh don't worry, the world can be a little mixed up sometimes. We just gotta get through it and hope you survive."
"What do you mean survive?"
"Oh nothing forget I said that."
"Okay..."
A group of the popular girls came and acted like they were all that by posing in front of Jessica.
"Hey, why are you hanging out with the loser? Like, you seem okay, but he looks like a monster and-"
My face turned red and I could just probably break a table. Jessica pounded the table, making it shake and stood up.
"Hey!! Leave August alone!! He never did anything bad to you guys!"
"Stupid, take a hint, I was going to make you part of our group. Like calm yourself."
"Let's go outside. These girls are the monsters. A real pain in the devil's butt."
Jessica and I walked out of the cafeteria, with the other girls left with their mouths open, looking like they were waiting for a fly to land in there.