A Start

My name is Koji Hikawadai. Or Hikawadai Koji, it goes either way. I'm a 16 year old second year student who attends a school called Miyaji Academy. My parents moved overseas for a job my dad took, so it's only me and my younger sister, Hikawadai Ami.

As for my social life, I'm the quiet smart ass kid who beats people with logic. This hasn't really gotten me many friends, except this one annoying kid who keeps trying to hang out. Nana Uzaki, her name is. She's a year under me, but we're in the same club, so that's how she knows me. Recently though, I haven't seen her as often. In fact, I haven't seen her in a month. But she has sent me tons of emails, which confused me. She has my phone number, so she can easily call me. She only uses email though. I wouldn't be surprised if she dropped out.

I walk into my house, seeing that Ami was already home. "I'm home." I announced, and take my shoes off, and leaving them at the door.

"Brother come quick. The computer is doing something weird." I heard Ami call me as I grab a chocolate bar from out of the refrigerator.

I open it up, and walk up stairs to see Ami at the computer, staring at it. "What is it?" I asked her as I took a bite out of my chocolate bar. From what I could see, the whole screen was just binary code flying by every corner of the screen. Vertically, horizontally, diagonally, even backwards. Luckily I could still move mouse and courser.

An email popped up on the chaotic screen. I move the mouse the to the pop-up, and double click. It opened, and it's contents was chilling. There was no address. A simple link in the form of...

"help"

That was it. No capitalization, no punctuation. Just a link that said "help".

"Should we click the link?" Ami asked.

"Yeah... Get back, just in case." I instruct her, and she steps away from me and the computer.

Slowly, I click the link in the email, and a strange feeling hits me. My body feels like it's falling apart. The very cells of my skin feel like they're coming apart, and I shudder, gripping my arms and trying to keep this feeling at bay. It didn't work. Eventually, I have no idea what happened, but it looked as if a green blob enveloped me, and disappeared from my house.

"Brother?!" I could hear Ami scream before I disappear, and could her run toward me. Nothing else from there.

————————————————————————

The bluish green color vanishes from my vision, and I look around. It looked like I was in some kind of highly advanced plaza. The ground was metal, there were streaks of blue light flowing everywhere in said metal floor, and there were tons of these...things...wandering around. There were so much of them. All different. One looked like a ball of fluff, another looked like an oversized chicken. One was a bipedal dinosaur, another was some doglike creature with a horn and fur coat.

"Am I...dreaming...?" I wonder to myself, and pinch my arm. "Ow! Nope. Not a dream." I mutter. Looking around, I noticed people talking and traveling with these strange creatures. I feel like I've heard of this... Somewhere before.

"Ah, welcome." An older voice sounds behind me, and I turn to face the source. A middle aged man in a lab coat. He had orange, but still greying, hair. "Welcome to the Digital World."

"Digital World? You mean to say this place is in my computer?" I ask him.

"Well, yes. But actually, no." He answers. "The Digital World is a network that spans over the entirety of the internet. Your computer, your parent's computer, your neighbor's computer. They all connect to form this massive world connected to our own." The man explains. "Oh. My name is Phil, by the way. I'm a Digimon Researcher working for the Tamer Union."