Chapter 12

Whoever it is, it's a guy for sure. The weight that was put on me is not a woman. They are looking for me, but why? I slowly and quietly start breathing again, forgot I was holding my breath. Being under here is really uncomfortable. He stands up and storms out. I wait until I can't hear his boots anymore, then I get up. The knife, it's mine, the shattered mirror, there's blood on the floor. I follow the blood trail to the center of the mall, I stay low. The trail disappears. I stand up to get tackled to the ground.

Strong hands shove me to the ground and put a bandana over my face. I try to get free, but again, it doesn't work. They pull me up and take me to a store. They tie me to a mattress and walk away. I get the bandana loose, it's his.... Why is he doing this?

My friend taught me how to get out of these ties, it's easy. With ease I loosen the ties and get up. I write on the wall, 'HA HA NICE TRY', and walk out.

As night falls, the game gets way more interesting. Every sound, every shadow, could be the last thing you see or hear. I hear an arrow release from a crossbow and I dive behind a trash can, it lands 30 feet in front of me. I crawl closer to it, there's a note attached to it, 'Should have taken the knife'. Footsteps grow close, I dart to the next department store. Another arrow releases, I pretend to get hit and fall to the ground. Next thing I know, a hear a crossbow fall to the ground and someone falling to their knees.

It was a tough call, but I did it. I quickly get up and run back to VS. I enter the changing rooms and take the knife and I shard of glass. I hide behind the cash register and wait. I don't hear boots, just things being thrown outside the store. I peak my head over the counter to see him, throwing boxes. He has a decent fire going, but something's not right.

Crouched, I make my way to the entrance. He is saying something but I can't hear what, it's too quiet. After about 10 minutes, he finally calms down. He sits by the fire, my crossbow at his side. Wait, my crossbow, why?

I slowly tip toe behind him and wrap my arms around his neck. He grabs my sides and tosses me to the side. I land on my hip, my head hits the floor, and I roll over a few times. Everything starts to spin, I can't keep my eyes open...

I wake up, still night, to see him staring down at me with a knife in his hand. I can't see his face, but it's him. He lifts his arm up to stab me but before he reaches me, I swing my leg up to kick him in the ankle, making him fall. I take the knife, get up and stare down at him.

"...What the hell is your problem..." I ask him

He looks at me with tears in his eyes, he doesn't respond.

"I said what the hell is your problem!?" I raise my voice.

He sits up.

"Don't you even move" I spit

His eyes meet mine, he quietly responds, "I'm sorry"

He goes to swing him arm at my ankles and but I jump over it. While in the air, he grabs my foot and pulls me down. The knife that was in my hand, cuts my cheek then my arm. I land on my wrist wrong in the process and scream out in pain. He looks down on me again.

"What is wrong with you!?" I yell at him holding my wrist, blood streaming down my face.

He doesn't say a word to me, he just walks away.

I get up as fast as I could and catch up to him. I grab his arm and turn him around then punch him across the face. His nose automatically starts bleeding.

"Ya don't like it now do ya!?"

He looks at me, fury in his eyes and he wipes his nose. I'm now crying.