Ch. 1 Tzuyu Chou

"Tzuyu Chou report to the principals office. Tzuyu Chou, to the principals office."

I heard a few 'ooohs' across the room as I was grabbing my backpack from behind the chair. I placed the chair underneath the desk before the teacher's voice stopped me.

"Hey!" His voice roared through the room. "I don't want to hear that, got it? Not like any of you has never done anything wrong to get sent to the office. Now shush!"

Looking my way, I touched my temple with my pointed finger and gave him a salute as he nodded towards me. I started walking towards the classroom door to try and hurry out.

The hallways felt empty without the annoying kids running through, pushing and shoving each other into the walls. Acting like they're the meanest kids on the planet, which some might actually be.

When I heard my name being called over the intercom, I knew what it was about.

Same old shit everyday.

Smiling at the woman behind the front desk, she motions for me to go into the principals office which was on the right.

Nodding at her, I walk over before slightly knocking then opening the door as the familiar creak was present when I pushed it further.

Allowing the door to shut behind me, I took the usual seat in front of the desk where the principal was smiling at me with his hands folded together in front of him.

"Tzuyu, how are you today?"

Shrugging, I placed my backpack on the floor beside the chair. "I'm fine."

"You do know why you're here, correct?" I nodded as I watched him lean back in his chair. "Hwasa, I already spoke with her so now I need your side of the story."

Of course he would talk to Hwasa first. She probably made up countless lies and when I tell him what really happened, our stories are not going to match.

"I was in the bathroom, minding my own business. I was washing my hands then checking my make-up in the mirror. Hwasa and her friends walks in, I try to ignore them to not start anything, though she starts calling me names and laughing at me." I sigh as I observed him.

"I begged her nicely to leave me alone, however she wouldn't listen. She called me a spoiled rich girl, a brat and.." I look at him for a moment. "A b-word. That's when I pushed her and she fell to the floor."

I studied him as he was contemplating all of this information I just gave him. Knowing Hwasa, her story was probably stupid and none of it was true because that's how Hwasa is.

He crossed his arms, watches at me for a moment. "Hwasa's story and yours doesn't match up."

"Of course." I said. "Why would it? Hwasa is a manipulator and a compulsive liar. She'll do anything to make everyone else look like the bad guy."

Sighing, he rubs the bridge of his nose for a moment. "Tzuyu, I'm trying my best to make sure each and every student here is in their well-being and not misbehaving, still it's hard to do so when I have you and Hwasa constantly causing trouble."

He leans back before grabbing something from one of his drawers located in his desk. When he pulls it out, I saw a folder. He lays it on the desk then opens it, running his finger along the top corner until he comes to a page and stops.

"I would like to schedule a time where you and Hwasa will be sent to the therapists office here on campus." He hands me the paper and I examine it before he speaks. "Don't think about skipping. You both need this."

"Did Hwasa get one also?" He nods as I look back at the paper. I knew for a fact that if Hwasa received this same paper, she wasn't going to attend. " I'll fit it in my schedule."