Noah x Reader ☽

OOP I've been so busy with school stuff that I'm so behind, super sorry so I hope you enjoy!

☽☽☽

Walking down the hall way of the headquarters.

Geez why is this hallway so long!

You knew today was a special day but did no one think to help you at all?!

Today was the summer festival, an annual event in which the longest day of summer is celebrated.

You knew everyone was making the most of the day off, which left you doing quite literally EVERYTHING.

At the moment you were moving boxes of papers and books that were found in one of the many forgot rooms of the 2nd floor. Even on a day off you had the Nyang Leader on your back about how gross and dusty some of the places are.

Upon opening the library door, a mouse scattered across the floor, surprising you enough to make you jump and drop the box on the floor.

"Damn it!" Every single paper in that box decorated the floor under your feet.

You even feel like crying your that annoyed.

But you only dramatically collapse to the floor in anguish.

It was the last box but SOMETHING had to go wrong, didn't it?

"Y/n, are you ok?" You turn to see Noah at the door, his soft smile and gentle stare calming you in an instant.

"Mhm- Yeah! I'm fine! I just... uh... dropped the box 'cause I saw a mouse and now the box is busted and the papers are all over the floor but it's fine, it's fine right?" Noah chuckled as you spoke so fast you could barely understand yourself.

"It would be a good start if you weren't sat on them, you know?" You look down and scramble to your feet as you step off them.

"It's fine, everything's fine, I got this, I'll be done by tonight." Noah smiled but shook his head at your self-pep-talk.

"You have 5 large boxes and a spillage, you'll never have this organised by this evening. I'll help you out so then you can set off a lantern in time." You smiled and Noah placed a hand on your shoulder. "I'll start with the boxes, you pick up the papers and we can both do boxes when you're done, ok?"

After a silent agreement, you both got working. Noah was quick at sorting the books, he had no problem shelving the novels, texts and biography's into their designated areas. You started helping with the boxes but lost you flow halfway through the first box as you couldn't quite reach the top shelf to store the classic Japanese literature.

You stopped trying after a while and viewed the book.

"人間失格, (Ningen Shikkaku)" you felt creeped out from the pure aura on the book.

"No longer human? Interesting taste. Never took you as a psychological type of reader." You look over to Noah leaning on the book case. You shook your head and laughed nervously.

"Oh, no I was just trying to put it away. But this book seems kinda creepy." You once again attempt to reach the top shelf to slot the book in, to no avail.

"Oh I see your problem, here let me help." You thought he was going to take the book from your hands to put it up on the shelf, but instead he placed his hands on your hips and lifted you so you could finally slot the book into place. A light blush dusted your cheeks as you were placed back down by the second oldest member of the 14th division reapers. "Also I understand why you'd feel a creepy aura, the author attempted a lover's suicide 2 times with both women dying and him surviving before successfully fulfilling his wish on the 3rd attempt. Quite tragic actually, he was a good writer."