DREAM

Pitch black, a void darker than the night sky. I couldn't see anything or hear anything either. I wasn't blind or anything. It's just there was nothing to see. No light to illuminate whatever was or wasn't surrounding me. Darkness all around me.

             I looked left and saw nothing, turned right to the same situation. Looked forward only to see the frightening shade of dark-black, looked behind and saw nothing, not even a pinch of colour anywhere.

              I held my hands up in front of me. I knew they were there I just couldn't see where. I was confused and scared. I couldn't explain what was going on or where I was.

               Millions of thoughts were rushing through my brain. My head hurt trying to pick one that seemed rational. Was I dead or alive? On Earth or maybe in space? Or was I just blind? At home maybe, just woken up from bed and couldn't see anything. Well it couldn't be that because I'm not even in bed. Soo then what! What has happened.

                 The movie fanatic within me began to think sci-fi. Maybe I'm in a government facility and part of some top secret test! Or maybe I've been abducted by aliens.... The more I tried to think of a reasonable answer to my current predicament the more my brain hurt, it hurt soo bad. Then one thought in my mind came into focus. What if I'm dreaming?!

          ★★★★★_-_-_-_★★★★★

         Dreaming!?.... That was the only thing that made sense soo far, I thought, while a smile cut across my face. Why go sci-fi when there is a simple rational answer right in front of me. “ It's just a silly dream...” I thought again. I laughed at myself, wasn't loud but it echoed on and on and on....

                       A dream eh...yet it all felt soo real. Then something caught my eye. It was a thin line of white standing vertically. It looked like it had no end both at the top and bottom. I was curious and wanted to know what it was, it being the only thing that stood out in all this black. It might give me some clue as to where I was.

                       I ran towards, while taking strict precautions. I guess that's just how I am, really, really cautious not that much of a risk-taker. And well this, unknown terrain, was the best place as any to be careful. As I ran I tried very hard to find something else in this place. I was very much baffled as to why my eyes hadn't adjusted to the darkness.

                       I heard mumbling and groaning. I stopped in my tracks. The white line much clearer now, and much less of a line and more of a light. A very bright, white light. As I drew closer I had to shield my eyes from the blinding effect of the sudden illumination. Again, I stopped to the same moaning and mumbling I had heard before, and this time I had found the source.

                       Inside the mysterious light, I saw the silhouette of a man-like figure moving towards me. I heard more mumbling coming from it, like it was trying to tell me something. As it drew closer, I took slow, tiny steps back. It's features were starting to show. Once I had finally gotten a good look at it, I was left in awe.

                       This thing was neither man or any beast he knew of. It was utterly gruesome, it's features a little hard to put to words. It scared the fright right into me and yet it just stood there staring me right in the eyes. I was completely petrified... staring right into the face ....of a real...live... monster.

        ★★★★★_-_-_-_★★★★★

        “Jace., Jaacce.., Jaaacccee...”. I sat up all of a sudden awakened from the horrible dream- no, nightmare- I was having and my sister constant shaking. I was dazed and confused, then I saw my sister squatting beside me.
“Are you okay”, she asked.
“Yeah, why” I answered.
“Because it looked like you were having a nightmare”.“Yeah, how did you notice”I asked her curiously just as a rivulet of sweat run down my forehead and drop on my nose. “Well for one you were sweating in your sleep...”“Maybe, it was hot in here”. She gestured upwards and I followed it to see all the three living room fans were on. I sighed, “Plus you were shaking a lot”.“ Okay, you got me ,I was having a bad dream” I said wondering how long she'd been there trying to wake me up.
She rolled her eyes at me,“Whatever, just wanted to let you know Ned's at the door”. “What how long's he been there”.I got up to go open the door. “How should I know I was upstairs listening to some music” she said as she ran back up.
            “Hey Ned...” I said leaning on the door. “‘hey Ned’ Dude you've kept me waiting for almost 30 whole minutes”he complained as he came in “Sorry, I'd fallen asleep while doing the homework” Which is really wierd because I don't recall feeling sleepy while doing the assignment, I thought.