Kabanata 4

Anger

"You heard me. I've liked him for a year now. I even remember the exact date. Ang tanga ko noh? I mean, why would he date me?" I said with a straight face.

"Shush. Be quiet. I'm trying to process the situation I'm in." He stood there with a serious look in his face.

The room was totally quiet. I didn't dare to speak a single word. This is my first time seeing Alistair like that. Then again, I've just known him for 2 days.

Alistair began to open his mouth, almost like he wanted to say something but he hesitated. He sat down the chair, or rather, floated.

"So, you're telling me that you've liked Harry for a year now? That lucky bastard." He finally talked.

"Mhmm." I nodded.

"So Harry likes Abigail, my ex-girlfriend. Abigail likes me. I like you, like a lot. And you like Harry. What the fuck? Lumelevel up na pala yung love triangle nagiging love square na." He forced a laugh.

"Abigail? I heard that name earlier when I bumped into Harry. Other freshmen were saying lagot daw ako sa kaniya dahil nabunggo ko si Harry."

"Oh, I guess Harry must've won the race then. Attaboy!" He grinned.

"What race?" Tanong ko.

"Have you heard about how I died?" aniya.

"A bit. Sabi ni Kuya Walter car crash daw. Wait, don't tell me you died because of that race?" I looked at him.

"Bingo! Blame the car brakes. Death sucks."

"And? Harry won the race so he and your ex-girlfriend are together now? Are you serious? Do you think girls could just be given as prizes in a bet?" I felt disgusted.

"Oh stop acting high and mighty. It was for the best. Well, I'd gladly give all the girls in the world to make you mine." He inched closer.

"Cut the crap Ali. I bet you use that line with all the girls you like." I tried to push him but my hands just went through his body.

"Yeah, I won't deny that. But it's with you that I actually mean it." He grinned. He looks so annoying when he grins. Parang batang binigyan ng lollipop.

"I'm not falling for that, Mr.Fuckboy. You're just fooling around with me. I bet you don't even like me. You just find it convenient to have a girl to flirt with." I snapped at him. God, this is getting on my nerves. Fuckboy in life and death.

"Kung alam mo lang talaga." He muttered.

"Alam ang alin Ali? Alam kung ilang babae na ang pinaikot-ikot mo with all your lies? And what? Do you give all the girls you like to people when you lose a bet?" I threw a pillow at him. The pillow passed through his body.

"Ooohh here comes Ms. Pure-And-Innocent! You don't know shit about me Ellyze so stop acting like you know me from head to toe!" His heavy voice echoed all throughout the room.

"I'm done for today. Just one look at your face makes me irritated as hell. I can't take anymore  of your nonsense." I stormed out of the room. My stomach rumbled.

"Nagutom tuloy ako. I hate you so much Alistair." I said to myself.

Bumaba ako sa hagdan para hanapin si Yaya.
I saw her cleaning in the dining room.

"Yaya, can I take you up on your offer kanina? Nagugutom kasi ako." I pouted.

"No problem Ellyze! Umupo ka muna at ihahanda ko ang iyong meryenda." Yaya walked towards the kitchen.