• Stranded (Cpt. Jack)

You wade through the crystal water, ringing your hair out as you go.
"Bloody pirates," you let out as you flick your middle finger at the ship that is now shrinking into the distance. What am I gonna do now? You think as you reach the burning hot sand, shielding your eyes from the glaring sun and looking about. The island is long and thin with scattered palm trees stretching out. You sit down in a huff, staring out across the open sea, sweat already forming on your brow. You cast your body backwards onto the sand, looking up at the sky praying for some form of lifeline.

The only reason you were here was because your crew thought you were a lost cause. Your search for Jack was the only thing on your mind lately and they weren't so bothered. They wanted to stick to the code, they wanted to leave him behind but you couldn't. Which led to the mutiny. Freaking pirates!

A day passes, you've moved away from shore to keep shaded but you can feel a storm coming in, the breeze raising already and the sky darkening. You sit against a tree feeling hopeless when the first drop of rain lands on your shoulder, as it begins to pour. A clap of thunder crashes above you.
Desperate for a drop of water, you stand, opening your mouth to the sky wandering towards the sea where it's more open. The rain gets heavier, soaking you through.

As you near the shore, you notice something in the distance, a dark shape outlined against the sand. You squint, straining to make out the shape. So you start towards it, trudging through the wet sand.
"Jack?" You scream making out the shape of a tricorn hat. He turns his head wearily.
"Jack!" Your voice breaks. He stands. You put your hand to your mouth, concern and adrenaline coursing through you. You stumble in his direction, tears forming in your eyes.
"Jack," you whisper as you make towards him, he continues in your direction until your bodies slam into each other.
"Y/n," he breathes into your hair, arms wrapped tightly around your body. You hold each other for what seems like hours until you eventually part, still only fractions away from each other. He closes the distance by pressing his lips against yours, his mouth is warm against the storm and you never want to let him go.

"Long time no see." He says as he pulls away. He looks slightly ill, his eyes loosing their sparkle.
"How long have you been here?" You ask, trying to cover the worry in your voice.
"A week." He replies gruffly, frowning at himself, "but now I have far more substantial company than I have in the last few days, better than the likes of the voices in me noggin' ay?"

Your eyes widen, a thought dawning on you. Without so much as glancing at Jack you march off, voicing your thoughts.
"This is the rum runners island isn't it? It's the one you were stuck on before and if we just-"
"About that..." he cuts you off. You swing round to face him stopping him in his tracks, a questioning look on your face.
"The rum runners are long gone sweetheart."
You pause thinking for a moment, "but at least we'll have something to drink." You turn and head off again only to notice he isn't following you. The look on his face telling you all you need to know.
"You've drunk it all already?!" You start towards him, "have you never heard of rationing? You rum guzzling, alcoholic tart of a man!"
He frowns, "I am not a tart."