• 7 minutes in heaven (JD)

You glance at your lock screen.

9:38

You want to leave this party but you promised Leah you'd stay.
You're in Caleb Darwin's basement and music is pumping through the air. The lights are dim and you're all sat around the coffee table, some on the floor, some on the sofas, others standing off to one side or in groups having their own conversations.
"Ayyyy!" Someone shouts as the lastest pair pile out of the cupboard to the sound of the timer going off. The guy looks almost triumphant as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, both of them reddening and struggling to catch their breath.

"Y/n it's your go."
You gulp pack a swig of beer, lean towards the empty bottle sat on the table and give it a sharp spin. It rocks round the table eventually slowing and coming to a stop. You follow its directing only to lay your eyes on Johnny.

You've known Johnny for a long time as he lives next door to you so you'd often hang out and meet up. But you've never dared take that extra step out of fear of rejection which would lead to a broken friendship that you can't afford to lose.

His eyes are fixed on you, waiting for you to move. You stand wearily and extend a hand to help him up. He takes it and the pair of you walk towards the cupboard.
"The timer's set, in you go!" Someone behind you exclaims as you open the door and step inside.

You hadn't realised how small the cupboard actually was until now, until the door was closing behind you and you were pressed against the cool wall, your faces inches from each other, his body grazing yours. God he's close. A soft scent of after shave and cigarettes reaches you as you draw a shaky breath.

"Well." He says into the gloom. You look at him, his eyes softly illuminated light from the door crack. His gaze is intense, searching your face for some indication of how you're feeling.
You don't even know what you're feeling. All you know is that you have an overwhelming sense to press your lips against his. They're parted slightly and gently lit. You realise your eyes have lingered too long and you snap them back to his, only to be met by his dark eyes, questioning slightly.

A moment passes until you feel his knuckles graze your cheek. He steps an inch closer, cupping your face.
"Can I kiss you?" He says gently, tilting your head to the side. You quiver under his touch. The only word you can utter is please before he catches your lips with his. His mouth hot against yours as he kisses you softly, before pulling away and examining your face for any indicator that he should continue. In return, you pull him into you again, your mouths colliding into a deep passionate kiss. His hand running up and down your side, while the other entwines it's way into your hair. You feel heat rising within you as you press your hands against him, engulfed in the moment.

The door flies open.
"Times u-" Johnny whips round in shock as you're greeted with the pound of the music and the cheer of the 'lads'.

You exit but before you can take your seat, Johnny takes your hand and leads you out of the room.