Disclaimer and Prologue

All of the names, places and events here are fictional

All of the names, places and events here are fictional. Any similarity to names, places, and events in real life are purely coincidental.

Also, this story is not based on the HBO mini series Band of Brothers. But rather inspired by it. Any plot or chapter that maybe similar to the series is also coincidental.

The names here of the soldiers who fought in the European campaign are fictional. Pictures here are downloaded from Google and Pinterest. Videos are from YouTube.

As for some of the weapons and vehicles that will be mentioned here. They are all real. But I won't say that I could be accurate in mentioning them. Especially the details of these vehicles. Like, date of construction, commissioning, classification.

So just look it up on the internet. And comment them especially the ones that I might have forgotten to mention. Although it will be mostly the guns and tanks that I will mention in the story.

With all that said and done.

Let's now begin "To Hell and Back".

Prologue:

After the first world war. The United States vowed that it will never participate again in another war. Instead it will playing more of an observer than a participant. Then the nation gets hit with a major recession period. A lot of men and women lost their jobs in the process. With many of them branding the recession period as "The Great Depression". And this forced the American government to focus its financial resources in reviving its economy.

As the country slowly recovers from the recession. The men who lost their jobs decided to enlist in the armed forces. Most of them joining the army and marines. Very few women joined the military. Many of them deciding to work in war factories. From 1930 to 1939 America has maintained its role as an observer. However, two major events will soon make the nation become an active participant once again. And make two nations regret that they messed with America.

While the nation is on a lend and lease program with Great Britain. It is an active consultant and a military adviser in the Philippines. Although peace reigned throughout the world. The threat of another impending world war is about to come.

Time Skip:

1939 Nazi-Germany invades France, Belgium, Holland, and other European countries within it's reach. However they couldn't conquer Great Britain as it put up a great resistance against the mighty German army. Then the turning point for the war in Europe came during the Battle of Britain. Where the Supermarine Spitfire outclassed its German counterparts.

 Where the Supermarine Spitfire outclassed its German counterparts

But still, the US had little participation in the war in Europe. That was until two years later. They would fall victim to an unlikely emerging military power. The Japanese Imperial Army. And it happened on December 7, 1941. The day when the Japanese navy attacked Pearl Harbor using carrier based aircraft.

 The day when the Japanese navy attacked Pearl Harbor using carrier based aircraft

The following morning Japan attacked the Philippines

The following morning Japan attacked the Philippines. Because of the overwhelming force sent by the Imperial Japanese Army. American and Filipino forces were forced to surrender. But not before making sure that Gen. Douglas MacArthur would escape captivity. It was days after the Japanese occupation of the Philippines that the bombing run on the Japanese mainland was carried out. This was the first of many counterattacks by United States.

Meanwhile back in the United States. A military base is in the process of recruiting more men to be part of a new unit that will be transported by plane. And then they parachute behind enemy lines to serve as the first wave of a counterattack by the Allied Forces. They're called paratroopers, but they're officially called the airborne division of the United States Army.

Although there are other airborne divisions all across the United States. There was one unit that stood out during those times that it was deployed since day one of the attack on Normandy. It is the 105th Airborne Division of US Army. And one company stood out from the entire division. And that is Easy Company. Under the command of then Lt. Jonathan Mason. He and his men are hailed as heroes. It was not the case for them. Deep inside of each men, they know that there are other American soldiers who deserves to be called heroes too. Especially the ones who are riding in the tanks.

Easy Company was more than a division. It's a band of brothers. They treat each other like family. That's why when they lose one of their own. It affects their morale. But they know that is the life they had chosen. And dying in combat is part of their job. Many of them could have chosen to give up, pack their bags and go home. But not for Easy Company. They all continue to fight on until the war ends. And then they will all go back to the States as brothers. Training made them become friends with each other. War made them all become brothers. Once they go back to the US, they will be reunited with their families. Although some of them will return home in caskets. And all of them are going to be recognized as heroes.

All the soldiers and officers of Easy Company became legends in their own time. Some had lived to tell their side of the story. Others died of old age, and deteriorating health conditions. While those who died in the line of duty were mentioned for their contributions. The men of Easy Company died one by one but their stories about how they fought continue to live on. With many of them having their descendants joining the military as well.