Chapter 5: New Turtles in Town

Master Splinter frowned with concern as he brought himself back to the present. He opened his eyes to see his sons, Leonardo and Donatello, engaged in a sparring match with their weapons. With a heavy sigh, he gained their attention, and they stopped to face him. "What's troubling you, Master Splinter?" Leonardo asked, approaching the wise rat. Splinter had been meditating for some time, and Leonardo noticed a lingering worry in his eyes. "Ah, my son, I'm uncertain myself. A great evil has been unleashed, and I'm unsure how to respond," Splinter replied. "What do you mean?" Leo pressed. Splinter looked at him with a contemplative gaze, aware that he still needed to uphold a promise he made to Chung I but also recognized he required assistance in unraveling the mystery surrounding his daughters.

"An old friend of mine has been brutally murdered." The turtles gasped in shock, but Splinter raised a hand to quiet them. "I've known him for many years, though you do not. His death was without honor, and the one who took his life is surely a coward. Yet, in his passing, he leaves something immensely valuable, something I vowed to protect should the worst come to pass." "What is it?" Donatello asked, curiosity clear on his face. "I'm afraid I cannot disclose that, my son, as I promised to keep it secret until the appropriate time," Splinter explained. "Alright," Leonardo said, furrowing his brow. "Then where are they?" he inquired. "I do not know. I expected them to remain at my friend's home, yet I felt no presence when he revealed the devastation surrounding it," Splinter said. "When he 'revealed' it? But Sensei, you haven't left the dojo this morning," Donatello noted.

"I didn't need to, my son. I connected with my friend through dream walking, a skill I've often attempted to teach you," Splinter responded. Donatello bowed his head slightly, embarrassment creeping in as Splinter continued. "Through this technique, we can link our minds and perceive one another's surroundings. However, when he opened a link, I sensed no trace of the precious items. One thing is clear," the wise rat said as he rose to his feet.

"These objects must be found before they can be harmed or misused. One of them is powerful, while others are not, and many would seek to exploit them." "So what do we do now, Sensei?" Leonardo asked, a look of confusion on his face. He sensed his father's deep distress over these recent events and felt some responsibility for the mysterious 'objects' in question. He wished to know more but respected Splinter's promise, assuring himself that his father would reveal the truth in due course. Splinter met his son's gaze, grateful for his concern. "For now, I must meditate further to uncover what has transpired and reevaluate any details I might have overlooked. You two should update your brothers about this situation so that we can be prepared for whatever challenges lie ahead," he instructed. With that, Splinter headed toward his room, but not before Leonardo asked the urgent question, "Sensei, who was your friend?" Splinter sighed sadly before turning to face his sons. The grief on his face made Leo regret his inquiry. "He was a renowned Chinese shaman from the noble Shinobi clan, once serving the Daimyo himself. I've known him for many years, and his passing is a profound loss. I hope to honor his memory by safeguarding these objects." He bowed to his sons, who did the same in return, before entering his room, a single tear trailing down his cheek.

Meanwhile, back in China, the girls arrived at the airport, parked their cars inside the plane, turned off their engines, and stepped out, shutting the doors behind them.

As they looked out, they spotted Chaol standing at the back of the plane alongside Yennefer, Korra, Catherine Halsey, and Geralt.

Walking into the plane, Korra reassured them, "Don't worry, girls. We'll keep in touch if anything comes up here."

Yennefer added, "I'll look after your home while you four are away. Just make sure to take care of yourselves."

Geralt, Chaol, and Catherine nodded in agreement.