• CHAPTER 1 •

Y/N's POV:

You sigh as you throw yourself on your bed.

"Another bad day..." you say to yourself.  All of a sudden, you hear a 'ding' coming from your phone. You knew immediately what that notification was.

You immediately sit up from your bed and bring your legs up to your chest and lay your head on top of your knees.  You grab your phone and saw a notification from Mystic Messenger saying that a chat room opened up.

You click on it and immediately happiness fills your heart when you see the name Cheritz along with a voice saying the name. The theme song starts playing and you start humming to it with a smile on your face.

You opened the chat room and start chatting with the characters. Per usual, Jaehee is ranting about her job. Jumin ranting about 707 abusing his cat meanwhile 707 would go on and on about his love for Elly. Zen talked about himself and Jumin. Yoosung talked about his game lolol.

You laughed as they talked amongst themselves for a bit just bickering at each other.

Eventually they all left the group chat and all of a sudden you get a feeling of sadness and loneliness as you look around your dark room.

You leave the app and get prepared for bed. After a shower you changed into some pj's and tuck yourself into bed. As you were about to drift off to sleep. A single tear escapes from your eye and rolls down your cheek.

You whisper,  "I wish you guys were real..."

After a minute you fall asleep with your phone beside you.

After a couple of minutes, your phone's screen glows and it gets brighter and brighter.

**

You wake up to your alarm and tossed around.

"Ugh" you said. You sit up and look at your phone. 5 am?

"Hold on," you say as your focus goes to your blanket. You were pretty sure it was a blue pattern but now it's plain white? You look up and see your not in your room but rather a whole completely different room. You recognize it immediately.

"Wha-"

You feel your phone vibrate next to you and you turn to look at it. It was text from 707.

707: Y/N are you awake?

You sit there for a second. Confused and you start to feel your head spinning.

"What the hell is going on? Am I dreaming? Yeah, that's what's happening. I'm dreaming."

You quickly go back under your covers and forcefully close your eyes shut. You eventually fell asleep.

You open your eyes and immediately remember what happened. You sit up and you're still at the same place. You look at your phone again and see only 30 minutes passed. 707 texted you again.

707: Y/N I'm booooored. If you're awake text me back :(

"Uh, oh my god what do I do? This isn't a dream." You say to yourself as you slap both your cheeks. You grab your phone and text 707 back. You debate what to say. Should I ask what happened? Does he even know? I mean, everyone knows 707 is the character that knows and loves you in all the routes you take, but he isn't god either. He wouldn't know what happened to me so you decide to text him normally.

You: 707, it's like 5 in the morning. What are you doing up so early?

707: So you were awake >:( I'm just taking a break from work.

You: So, you decide to text me... at 5 in the morning... thinking I'm awake?

707: Yup basically lol.

You laughed to yourself.

You: 707 some people do sleep in case you forgot.

707: I know lolol but I was hoping to chat with someone since I was bored. I thought of you first.

You feel some butterflies in your stomach and you smile to yourself.

"This... this is actually real right? I'm not dreaming?"

You: Awe that's cute. Thanks 707 :)

707: Lol your welcome but I'll let you sleep though. I'm sure you're tired. I gotta get back to work ugh :(

You: Already? That was like only a couple of minutes.

You sent the text although you already knew why he takes such short breaks but you couldn't say that or act like you know. In fact, you took all their routes so you knew everything about them.

707: I know :( but my work only sees me as a slave and so I have to have to go back to work but not to worry. God 707 can handle this lololol.

You: I believe in God 707!!

707: Ohh! Now with your encouragement I can do anything!! Sleep well Y/N. We'll text later :)

You: Alright, I'll look forward to it :)'

You place tour phone down and sit in the middle of the bed for a couple of minutes. You throw yourself back and let out a big smile.

"I can't believe I'm in the game."

You start to wonder how it happened. All of sudden a big screen popped up in front of you.

"What's this?" You read what it says out loud, "Welcome to Mystic Messenger. You've been chosen as the person who'll save all 8? Wait what? 8 people?"

The text changed and it wrote out, 'yes.'

"Oh? So you understand me?"

The text changed again, 'yes.'

"Okay so what you're telling me is that I need to save 707, Jumin, V, Saeran, Zen, Jaehee, Yoosung, and Rika?"

'Yes.'

"Okay uh, so what can I and cannot do?"

'There are no rules.'

"I see."

'There is one thing. After you manage to save all 8. You must return back to your own world.'

Your eyes widened at the words you were reading.

"H-Hold on. Return back to my world? I don't get to stay with them?"

'No.'

"That's... that's not fair. Why can't I? Is there any way I can stay?"

'No.'

"Unbelievable..."

'Do you not wish to complete it? If you wish to return home now. I may send you back. I will select another person to complete it.'

"No! I-I'll do it. I'll do it..."

'Good luck.'

With that the big screen is gone and you lay there shocked.

Of course you were sad you couldn't stay with them once you manage to save all of them but you wanted to enjoy your time here as much as you could. With that you sit up again and a determined expression showed on your face.

"Alright! Let's save them all!"

****

Hello! This is the end of the chapter. I just wanted to say if you have any feedback on this story please let me know. I wanna know if I should continue with this or not. Hmm, maybe I will either way since I always wanted to write a story about Mystic Messenger haha. I highly doubt this will do good either, but I definitely felt like I should write since it's been stuck in my head for a long time haha.

Anyways, have a good day!