Chapter 2: new begginings

She stared at the mirror in awe. She did it. She felt changed. There were emotions she couldn't describe. Was it regret? No. Was it joy? A form of it. It felt like a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. It felt..

Freeing

At that moment she knew she could start again somewhere else far away from Washington. Far away from her "parents." To finally be free from all the suffering and dependency and to finally feel whole. She new she hadn't much time if she were to get out by tonight. But before her plan could be successful she needed one essential ingredient. Money.

———————-☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆———————

She sat down for a few minutes to decide how she was going to pull this off without waking up her "parents." She knew she had to go by foot if she were to truly get away from them, so the journey was going to be a long one. She decided she would take enough money to last at least a month and she would somehow earn the rest. Then she just went and did the deed.

She slowly opened the door praying that there wasn't any noise, although a squeak came out the house was big and a simple noise couldn't possibly travel that far. Could it? At least she hoped not. She proceeded to walk down the staircase slowly but at the same time as fast as she could. then she walked to her "parents" door. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she opened the door.

She saw both of her "parents" sleeping soundly in their bed. It was the only time where she could see her "parents" without any humiliation or shouting. She stares for a while but then continued on with the task at hand. She slowly tiptoed around the bed and opens the closet door. She sees the purse of her step mother and just as she it about to open it she hears some vague chattering and immediately retreats towards the wall.

haha, much better. We have a good line of candidates lined up.

She realizes that it's just sleep talking and continues to go and open the purse. She takes all the money she planned and a little bit more for a purchase she needs to make as soon as she gets out. Then as soon as she gets the money she recounts it in her head twice just to make sure, and then she walks to the very back of the closet. she needs a bag for this journey and not a tiny pink one (which is all she has). She reaches the back of the closet and found some old tote bags with zippers. Her "parents" always loved designer things and only expected the best quality, but it wasn't always that way and fortunately for her her stepmom was a hoarder.

She found a tote bag with enough space in it, and even some extra space. It was a peachy tone with an flower on it, and the embroidery was beautiful. She didn't have much time to sit in awe though so she just made her way out the same way she came. As she closed the door it made a squeak, and one of her parents jerked. It happened only for a second but it felt like a decade.

I'm not going to be free. I'm going to be confined? I've failed already it wasn't even my first day on the journey? maybe my parents are right about me.

When she realized it was just a fluke reaction from her father she basked in relief. She was terrified for a second there but in the end it only made her determination stronger to get out of that terrible place. She went up the stairs quietly but swiftly at the same time until she finally reached her bedroom. She started packing her bag with a bunch of essential things. She didn't pack any clothes because none of the things she owned were suited for anything she was planning to do, but she did pack some undergarments. And finally after everything she packed she only had one thing left to pack before she headed out. This was something she would never forget because it was her birth-moms most prized possession.

She went towards a corner of her room and moved away the stool that was sitting there. She then spotted the little looses piece of wood that she took off. And trembling after 6 years finally holding the book in her hand again. She stayed like that for a bit. Just holding the book. Being in the moment, in the silence that surrounded her. When she finally snapped out of the situation she put it in her bag and closed it shut. She smiled to herself while putting the bag on her shoulder. She stood up in her satin pajamas and slippers and said to herself.

I'm actually doing this. No excuses, no worries for now. I'm going to get out of here. Right. Now.

(SHOULD I CONTINUE THIS??)