Chapter 6: the road ahead

Evelyn suddenly had this crazy idea come to mind.

Hey...hear me out ok? What if you could come with me. We could help each other out. We could go to Connecticut together to get away from the huge weight that burdens us here. Together we could get there faster. I have the money, and in exchange you can teach me more about how to survive out here I guess. I mean at this point you haven't killed me, so I'm trusting you. What do you think..?

Andrew slumped against the wall while sitting in shock. He for a moment was shocked, but after that one moment passed he gave the brightest smile and his eyes glistened under the moonlight widening. He had a thousand thoughts running through his head. About how he could restart somewhere new, and how he finally got an opportunity to do so. Evelyn meanwhile was slightly smiling waiting for an answer even though it was written on Andrew's face.
Andrew then exclaimed as loud as he could in the middle of the night:

Yes! I accept your offer milady! I'm so excited, you just met me and don't know me all too well but thank you so much for trusting me! I'll help you the best I can, to the best of my abilities. I hope we get to know each other on this trip, you have no idea how happy this makes me!

Evelyn chuckled in joy with andrew joining in and andrew reached in for a hug, but then stopped remembering what he saw a few months ago on the street. He then asked

May I...?

Evelyn laughed and said

It's no big deal! You don't have to ask anymore, we are gonna be together for a while because it's going to take a while to reach our destination, so might as well get comfortable. Thanks for being "a very kind gentleman"

She said in her best British accent and laughed even more. Andrew and herself calmed down from all the laughter catching their breath and looking up at the crescent moon. Andrew sat there peacefully pondering on all the things that lie ahead of them. Whilst Evelyn sat in thought, with this new feeling she so dearly missed. Freedom.

Evelyn looked up at the moon and smiled, hoping her mom was smiling back, wherever she was. Silently sitting there her thoughts were interrupted by a curious Andrew.

So what's in the bag? Clearly you have stuff you are going to bring. Well as for me, well you see haha my only belongings are my clothes, which aren't even mine, this place which I can't bring and probably my most important, a necklace that had been on me for as long as I can remember. I can only assume it's from my birth parents. And of course my knife. And if you are wondering why I have a piercing, it's because a gang did it to me when I was younger and didn't know how to defend myself. But I ran away before they could do the other piercing hehe. But anyway I wanna see what's in the baaagggg.

Evelyn looked at andrew and stared at the necklace. It was nothing too special, but it glimmered and was made to tiny segments. Snapping out of her trance Evelyn went through the bag.

Hm sure let's see. By the way the necklace is very beautiful.

Thanks

No problem. But yah so I have an extra t-shirt, undergarments, my knife, a little phone I bought, all the money in a secure wallet, an extra hair tie, a little jar of trail mix and something my mom gave me. It really isn't important right now. We can get you some clothes in the morning.