Attention (TodoDekuBaku)

*Katsuki has insecure and bad thoughts. Angst warning*

Izuku gets distracted by Eri causing him to unintentionally neglect Katsuki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you have a favorite color, Eri-chan?" Uraraka asks as she sat beside Eri on the couch in the common room. 

"Favourite color?" Eri said in a confused tone as she looked up to Uraraka. Uraraka smiled as nodded. 

"Yes! Mine's pink cause sometimes, when the sunsets, the sky is pink. It's really pretty" Uraraka says as she saw Eri nodding. 

"Oh...I like the color of candy apples" Eri said as she smiled brightly. Tokoyami perked up.

"You like candy apples? I like them too. They're so shiny and red" Tokoyami said as Dark Shadow appeared from his back and nodded adorably. 

"They're very sweet too! Mirio-san and Deku-san always bring some for me when they visit" Eri says as her eyes sparkle when she sees Dark Shadow. 

"She's very cute," Katsuki mumbles as he sat in one of the love seats and watched Eri and Tokoyami enthusiastically talk about candy apples. He went back to putting the collar of his shirt back in his mouth and sucked on it. Izuku chuckles and sits on the armrest beside Katsuki.

He guessed the baby talk between his classmates and Eri made Katsuki start to slip since that's how class 1A usually talks to him when he's regressed. 

"She is, isn't she? But she's not as cute as you" Izuku said as he carded his ringers through Katsuki's hair. Katsuki leaned into Izuku's touch and turns to nuzzle his face into Izuku's side. 

"Why don't you go talk to her?" Izuku asks as he rubs Katsuki's back. 

"Later...," Katsuki mumbles as he breathed in the comforting scent of his caregiver and let himself slip further.

                                                                                                    -

Katsuki walked into the dorm building, exhausted. He just finished tutoring and training with the Bakusquad at the school library and training arena that UA provided. It was a long day so he hopes Izuku wouldn't mind if he slipped even though it was a weekday. 

As he stood in front of the elevator doors, they open to reveal Izuku, dressed up. 

"Oh, hey Kaachan! Back from training?" Izuku asks as he steps out of the elevator, smiling at Katsuki. 

Katsuki nodded quietly as he resists the urge to hug Izuku but holds back because he doesn't want to ruin Izuku's clothes with the dirt on his clothes and dried sweat.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Mirio senpai and Eri. Make sure you take a shower and eat lunch alright?" Izuku says. Katsuki pouts. Todoroki went back to his home because his father wanted to see him so he'll be all alone.

"Ok..."Katsuki mumbled quietly. Izuku smiles and ruffles Katsuki's hair as he jogs down the hallway and leaves.

Katsuki got into the elevator and trudges to his room.

                                       -

Katsuki gasps as he sat up from his bed. He whimpered in fear as he looks around the darkroom frantically. Tears were beginning to fill his eyes and he searched around for his stuffed animal, Bubby.

As his hands felt the familiar softness of his comfort item, he grabbed it and hugged it to his chest.

When he got his breathing under control, he shakily got out of his bed and left his room.