Dance pt.1

(Time skip to friday night)

Ennoshita's POV

Ugh. Why did I choose a dress without proper sleeves?

I kept fidgeting with the baby pink lace at the top, never quite satisfied with where it was placed.

I continued to untie and re-tie the bow around my waist. It never looked right. All in all, I was a nervous wreck.

I heard the doorbell ring and jumped. I looked in the mirror one last time. No matter what I looked like I would have to roll with it. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and walked out of my room and to the front door.

My mother got up from her place on the couch and walked over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so excited for you sweetie! It seems like you found a nice boy to go with."

I pulled away from the hug.

"Thanks mom. I have to go, i'll see you later!"

She waved to me and I opened the front door. I was slightly taken aback by how nice Tanaka looked.

He had a white button up shirt on with a neatly tied gray tie. He had on gray pants with a pair of black loafers. His outfit was in stark contrast to what he normally wore. In his hand he had a small bouquet of daisies.

My eyes met his and I saw him blush all the way to the tips of his ears.

"You look nice." He said, trying and failing to hide his blush.

"I could say the same for you." I giggled.

He turned crimson and handed me the flowers, mumbling 'these are for you'.

I accepted the flowers and smiled. I walked out of the doorway and closed the door. Tanaka held out his hand and I took it. He led me away from my house.

There were a few moments of silence before Tanaka spoke up.

"You know, I have a small confession to make." He started.

I looked to him with an attentive expression.

"I've never been out with a girl before." He covered his blushing face with his hand.

I mock gasped.

"Really? Someone as handsome as you? I don't believe it."

His blushing just increased as he tried to come up with a comeback.

"W-well, I never knew you looked so good in pink. You should wear it more often."

It was my turn to blush. I had never really gotten compliments on my looks before.

"Thank you. I've been trying to experience new stuff because this whole 'turning into girl thing' happened."

He nodded and I looked up to see the school. Along the outer wall there were signs like,

"Karasuno Dance! Friday at 7!"

"Let's party! Friday at 7!"

I laughed to myself. It was a cute scene, like something out of a Disney channel movie.

We made it to the doors of the gym. From the windows in the door I could see the room was mostly dark. There was loud pop music blasting from inside.

"Shall we?" Tanaka gestured to the door with his free hand.

"We shall." He opened the door and we walked inside.

~~~

I had been at the dance for about an hour and I was starting to feel tired. Tanaka and I had only danced to three songs so far so I had no idea why I was feeling like this. Well, I had lost him in the mass of people about ten minutes ago.