1

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁
It is the Christmas holidays, a young teenage boy called Adam Johnson is trapped inside a wooden chair, being held against his will bellowing tirelessly for his life. He has tight ropes covering his mouth, hands and legs guarded with thick metal chains, as well as painful garish black and blue bruises on his ghastly,bloody face.Inside the same vacant, window-less room is a flashing television screen facing him setting the dark area aglow. Outside the room, in the abandoned jet-black, eerie hallway, you can hear muffled tiny screams gasping endlessly for help. Something that Adam will see on the screen will permanently change his life forever.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ 

Lakesprings is an ancient, picturesque, bewitching town located on the outskirts of Idaho. From Lakesprings, you can see the captivating heavens and the scenic views the quiet town has to offer. Aside from the towns natural beauty,it has its towns foundation in the late 1800s by the famous Founding Families and it's incredible history.
It is now January, a month after the disappearance of Adam Johnson.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

Its a brand new semester, brand new year and a whole brand new Isobel.
"I can't believe the holidays is now over, I can't wait to see you and everyone else," Isobel says speaking to Sophia on the phone whilst getting ready.
Isobel and Sophia have been best friends ever since they were in diapers.
Both of them are a part of the Founding Families.
" Me too it feels so weird finally being juniors, I bet you can't wait to see Lucas," Sophia smirks whilst teasing Isobel.
"Shut up, this year I'm just going to study and work hard, focus on education aand I will be fine, I guess it will pay off in the end!" Isobel says whilst laughing.
"AMEN TO THAT" Sophia screams.
Whilst the girls are getting ready doing their routines and packing everything into suitcases, Isaac (Isobel's younger brother) barges into Isobel's room shouting,"breakfast is ready, mom says come down now."
"Okay I'm coming," Isobel says whilst Isaac scurries down the long staircase.
"Hey Soph I've got to eat my breakfast I guess I will see you at school then."
"Sure I will see you then. Love you," Sophia says.
"Love you too Soph" Isobel also adds.
Isobel ends the call and hurries downstairs into the kitchen.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

"Good morning"
Isobel's mom, dad and Isaac were already seated eating breakfast, her parents had cooked up an amazing full course breakfast out on the table completely full of food since it was Isobel and Isaac's last day at home and first day back to a new year at boarding school.
"Morning sweetie,"mum said with a smile on her face.
"Morning kiddo," said dad also smiling.
Isobel went on to sit next to Isaac and to eat what was in front of her.
Time slowly went by.
"So how does it feel to be a 2nd year sophomore," Isobel asked her brother.
"Alright I guess" Isaac replied whilst scrolling through his phone. 
Isobel looked at her phone and realised it was almost time for her and Isaac to start getting ready to leave the house.
Her and Isaac finished off their food and hurried upstairs to change into their uniform and to collect their belongings.
Madeline and Julian (Isobel and Isaac's parents) got up from the table and Julian went to get his car keys to take Isobel and Isaac to school whilst they went to stand at the door with their bags and suitcases.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

"I am so proud of both of my perfect children, look at what both of you are becoming into, I still remember when you were both so tiny," Madeline quietly said with a tear fighting not to drop down her face.
"Aw mom don't cry," Isaac said smiling.
Isobel started laughing, her and Isaac went up to give their mom a tight hug and then slowly pulled away.
Julian came into the room and said, "argh what did I just miss?"
Everyone started laughing and went outside. Isobel and Isaac said their final goodbyes to their mom and Madeline gave them a few words of advice and kissed them both on their foreheads.
Isobel, Isaac and Julian headed to one of their cars. Julian drove away from the extravagant house whilst the kids were waving away to Madeline still standing at the door.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

"So how are my kids feeling about this year?"
Julian said looking through the view mirror.
"I feel like it's going to be amazing, I am going to try out for the lacrosse team," Isaac answered.

"Well since I am head girl of 1st year juniors, a part of the school council...I might as well be a part of the tutor group and help other people, like the fresh meat,"Isobel adds looking through the window.

"Well that's really amazing, both of you....oh and it also may be a good time to mention that our rival school, Oakland Academy will be merging with Coleman Manor because of the fire accident." Julian says.

"Wait what, the fire was that bad?" Isobel says whispering to herself.

"Hmmm dad you mean ex-rival, looks like they won't be a problem to us anymore we could even be the strongest school team in Idaho." Isaac blurted out with a mischievous smirk on his looking  at his dad who was also smirking.

"Oh, so is that why they were building another part of the school and more rooms during the Christmas holidays," Isobel questions.

"Yep I wanted it to be a surprise but now it makes sense to tell you" Julian explains.

After the conversation it was still a long way to get to the school. Isobel was thinking to herself how it was already a great start of the day. The world around them was imprisoned in a quiet white silence. Nothing sounded, nothing stirred, nothing sang but it was quite beautiful just the way the town had liked it. There was frosts of crunchy but powdered snow pleated over the hills and mountains, seen down below from the road. The day was illuminated with the special kind of warmth, but cold and pale light on the winter's sun could give, and the rain from last nights blizzard made everything glow with a really slippery ice on the road.

Isobel pulled down the window from the car and let the sharp but gentle breeze hit her face, her head was then slightly poking out of the window,  she then pulled out her arm to feel the wind swaying around it. They were headed to a place where trees stand firmly in the winter morning. Isobel and Isaac then looked at each other with smiles on their faces knowing that they were close to their destination.

They were there.

-Chapter 1-
Hey guys my name is Josephine and this is my first book, most of the ideas and backgrounds of Coleman Manor are from popular Tv shows/ movies (such as TVD) but the characters and the story line is complete mine. Hope you enjoyed.
Feel free to leave comments ❤️
-1240 words-

Feel free to leave comments ❤️-1240 words-