Give Up

I came out and fastened my ponytail. When I was done Paige was already dressed and in her pajamas. "Ready?" She smiled.

I took a deep breath and walked over to her bed. "Yep."

She opened up her laptop and went to the Internet. "Do you know the last name of your real parents?" She asked me. "Well yes and no. My mom started to say something, hemmi, was all I heard but my dad cut her off" I explained.

"Hemmi." She repeated. "Got it!" She started typing on her laptop and I sat there twirling my hair as she started to list off names.

"Hemmilo, Hemmigota, Hemmipaul,"

"Here you can look too" she handed me an iPad. I mumbled thanks, giving up before I even started.

•••3 Hours Later•••

"There's nothing!" I groaned. Paige looked up from her laptop. "We will find them, don't worry!" She encouraged me.

"I've been trying every letter that goes after 'i' I'm on 'm' now" she continued. I nodded. I knew this wasn't going to work.

I should just accept that they didn't want me because I wasn't good enough.

I sighed and turned off the iPad, setting it on the night table. "Give it up were never finding my parents." I gave up. This was stupid. I got no response from Paige.

"Paige?" I looked over to see my best friend wide-eyed staring at the screen. She looked up, her mouth hanging open.

"Dude...."