Chapter 1

The first thing Todoroki noticed about Kaminari were his golden eyes, bright and colourful, similar to the boy himself. The second was his hair, a close colour match to his eyes, however with a black streak that resembled a lightening bolt, making it painfully obvious what his quirk was.

The third were his nails, always painted pitch black with immaculate precision. There was rarely a chip or scratch, and even when there was, it had disappeared by the next time he saw him. Occasionally, his ring finger was painted yellow as an accent to the rest of the nails.

The fourth would be his massive crush on him.

"Hey, Kaminari?" Todoroki approached the other during their free time. He was lying on the sofa, feet resting on the sides, phone directly above him, close to slipping out of his hands.

"Hi! What's up?" he turned towards Todoroki who was just standing there.

"I was wondering... If you could help me paint my nails? It's fine if you don't want to though." he mumbled out, slightly rushed.

"Sure thing, c'mon." in a flash, Kaminari leaped off the sofa and dragged Todoroki to his dorm room by his wrist. His room was a mismatched selection of questionable interior design choices, including his hat stand which no one had ever seen him wear.

Todoroki awkwardly sat down on the bed as Kaminari rummaged through his drawers for something.

"Aha!" he exclaimed, pulling out a large box. "My nail polishes!"

It was filled to the brim with different colours of polish, some with glitter and some without, some matt and some glossy.

"Why do you have so many? You're always wearing black?" Kaminari laughed at Todoroki jokingly.

"I share with Mina. She keeps the makeup in her room and I keep the polish in mine." he placed a tray on Todoroki's lap and pulled a headband from the box.

Todoroki could have sworn he felt his heart miss a beat when he saw Kaminari with his hair held back out of his eyes.

"You should wear your hair like that more often." he couldn't help but say.

"Thanks." he said while he pulled various shades of red from the box, holding each of them up to Todoroki's hair to find the best match. "I'm thinking this one. It's from Midnight's collection, but I've never used it myself."

Almost completely dismissing what he said before, he responded to Kaminari, who was currently pushing the cuticles on his left hand back.

"Midnight has a nail polish collection?"

"Apparently it was an attempt to make her more popular with slightly younger people. You should see some of the other things she has collections of." he shook the bottle against his hand before opening it.

The recognisable pungency of the polish immediately hit them both. Todoroki coughed, almost throwing Kaminari off.

They sat in silence for a short while after that, since Kaminari was concentrating and Todoroki was just a naturally quiet person.

Todoroki noticed Kaminari humming slightly as he got to the pointer finger. He figured it was just a concentration thing, but he could feel the vibration in his hand ever so slightly.

Kaminari repositioned his hand to get better access to his thumbnail, Todoroki once again getting nervous at the other. His hands where soft, if a little forceful at times.

"Aaaaaaaaand... We're done!" he said as he finished the final stroke.

"It's only one hand?" Todoroki asked, confused.

"Yeah, I do one hand at a time so I always have the other free." Kaminari stood up, taking the tray from Todoroki. "You wanna watch a movie while it dries?"

"Wouldn't that defeat the objective of only doing one hand at a time?" he asked, though he would like to watch a movie with Kaminari regardless.

"C'moooon, we barely ever hang out." he flopped onto the bed dramatically.

"Okay." Todoroki very simply agreed to watch a movie while his nails dried. He didn't want his words to betray him again. "You can choose."

Kaminari leapt up to put a film on while Todoroki got more comfortable on the bed.

"What should I do with my hand?" he asked as Kaminari sat down by him.

"Here." he held the others hand with interlocking fingers, ensuring that nothing was touching Todoroki's nails.

Meanwhile, Todoroki's heart was beating faster than wind blows on a stormy day. It was just his rotten luck that he would be holding hands with his crush for an hour and a half with no where to go.

Part of him just hoped that no one walked in. Especially if it was Mina or Bakugo - Mina had a field trip the day she found Bakugo making out with Kirishima, and Bakugo is Bakugo, he wouldn't want him walking in on the best of days.

The film's ending was kind of sad. It was sad enough that they were both trying not to cry anyway. Their shoulders were resting gently on each others and they were still holding hands, despite Todoroki's nails being long dry.

It once again took a while for Kaminari to choose the right colour white, comparing each bottle to Todoroki's right side multiple times before selecting another polish from Midnight.

His brows furrowed slightly as he was concentrating, and he was humming again. The polish was cold on Todoroki's nails, but he was naturally cold on his right side anyway, so he didn't mind.

He liked the way their hands felt together as Kaminari painted, call it cliche.

"There you go! Perfect polish for the perfect hero!" Todoroki blushed at Kaminari, who was now screwing the lid back onto the bottle.

He looked down at his hands. It was true, not a splash of polish was anywhere but his nails, truly perfectly applied.

"These are really cool." he said, causing a grin to appear on the other's face.

"Glad you like it!"

A/n the polishes were called Milky White and Back Scratches, I can only imagine what she'd call the nude and pink colours