[6]

The next few days were a drastic change for Jungkook, to say the least. He woke up early in the morning, feeling surprisingly rested despite the events that took place previously. He remembered Taehyung's calming voice... 

Taehyung

The same guy that ran a mafia, the same guy that saved him from getting raped, the same guy that he hooked up with. The same guy that also comforted him- the details of conversation were blurry in Jungkook's mind, but it was a stark contrast from Taehyung's cold aura and personality, which was shown to everyone else. It was for a brief period of time, but it proved to Jungkook that everyone was human after all, despite what they might have done. 

"Come in?" Jungkook said upon hearing a soft knock on the door of Taehyung's room. It still felt surreal- the fact that he slept in Taehyung's room. Actually, everything felt surreal ever since the first encounter with Yoongi that fateful night. 

"Hey, how you feelin'?" The elder's voice was raspy, indicating he must have just woke up not long ago, and his hair was all fluffy. Jungkook wanted to run his hands through it, but resisted.

"Better now, thanks. Sorry but I've got to get changed and go-" Jungkook made himself leave the comfortable bed ( it was better than his crappy single bed, but of course the leader will get the best, right? )

Jungkook yelped when he felt Taehyung's arms wrap around him, when his hot breath raised goosebumps on his skin. 

"I've got something to tell you. From today, you can do whatever you like. Just no going out of the perimeter of the grounds, 'kay?"

"Wh-"

"Nuh-uh, Jungkook. I've decided that you will be treated like a prince. The way you deserve to be treated! Only the best. And no one dare disobeys me, do they?" Taehyung said. His tone was soft, sweet even, with the underlying tint of threat. 

Who was Jungkook anyway, to disobey? Never. 

~

Taehyung leaves shortly after, telling the younger to freshen up before going down for breakfast, reminding him to not go to servants quarters but instead the main dining hall, where official members who made up the mafia ate. The gang leader even told him he was free to go to the small booth tucked in the back of the hall, where only close friends or those at the top of the hierarchy could be. People like Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon- all of which Jungkook met briefly upon his arrival. 

Jungkook may play it cool, but inside, he is terrified as fuck. He understood Taehyung must have realised who he was, but what was this treatment? Mind you, he was the last person to be used to be treated like a prince. 

~

"Jungkook! I've been waiting for you! Or we, actually." It was Jimin, a kind smile on his face. It was the first thing he heard upon entering the dining hall. He kept his eyes averted, intently staring at the floor, but was still noticed by Jimin. Who has sharp eyes, he presumed. 

Jimin waited patiently as Jungkook chose his breakfast. Scrambled eggs, freshly made bacon, a bowl of porridge. He then lead the younger to the small booth, Jungkook having no choice but to follow along.

"So, I'm pretty sure you are puzzled over this whole thing. All you need to do now is enjoy yourself and don't worry your pretty little head about this." Yoongi said, once Jungkook was seated, with Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimin accompanying him.

Jungkook reminded himself that it was an ordinary day. He  could do whatever he wanted.

Jungkook relished the feeling- the feeling of not having to worry. After all, Taehyung did say to enjoy himself, right?

Throughout breakfast, Jungkook chatted merrily with the others. He felt himself loosen up, less tense than before, and found himself sharing more and more about his life.

He learnt about the roles that Jimin, Yoongi and Namjoon played in the mafia.

"I gotta leave now, bye kook." Namjoon said, taking his leave. The man ruffled Jungkook's hair, flashing his dimples- a rare show of affection, really.

It seemed like Yoongi and Jimin had nothing to do that day, for they talked for a while longer. Then, the two proceeded to show Jungkook his new bedroom,which was just beside Taehyung's, as well as a more detailed tour of the grounds.

Jungkook's life was finally turning for the better. Or so he thought.

--

hello! hope you enjoyed this update. im so grateful for all the reads :) however, exams are coming soon so i might not update as much. i wil ltry my best tho! :>