[7]

Well, actually, Jungkook was not really in a place to be complaining. Compared to when he first came to the headquarters, he was doing pretty well. No need to clean anymore, anyone should be happy.

But Taehyung.

Call Jungkook a spoilt brat or what, but when Taehyung started demanding everyone treat Jungkook like a prince, the coconut head thought that it applied to Taehyung as well.

As in, Taehyung would care for him, Taehyung would make him see stars...

But no. That did not happen.

~

Days turn into weeks, flashing past Jungkook in a blur. His friendship with Jimin, Yoongi and Namjoon deepened, and while at first he thought they were only acting kind because Taehyung demanded it, Jungkook's thoughts soon changed.

~

Around a fortnight since being treated like royalty by members of the top mafia in Korea, Jungkook finally got what he was hoping for.

Taehyung. And no, not Taehyung in that way.

It was just a simple conversation.

~

Usually, Taehyung would give him a small nod of acknowledgement, but they never really talked, despite Jungkook moving into a room which was interconnected with the mafia boss's.

Today, however...

~

"Hey, Kook, uh... Wanna talk? I have some free time later, and we didn't really say much to each other yet, maybe we could take some time now? Only if you want too though."

"Sure!" Jungkook nodded, praying that he did not appear too eager.

~

Taehyung let out a low chuckle. They were sitting on the older's bed, a rom com playing in the background. Jungkook assumed this was going to be their 'conversation', and for some reason, he found himself being nervous and stiff as a board.

Who wouldn't be when they were under the sharp gaze of the mafia leader?

"Loosen up, I don't bite."

~

And so, they talked. Jungkook ranting about how his previous life sucked, but working in the bar turned out better than expected after all. He got a good fuck with Taehyung, and look where that brought him to now.

Halfway through their small conversation, which had already been going on for the better part of two hours, Jungkook yawned. He felt tired, eyes already drooping, but no. He did not want it to stop. This comfort in simply talking to Taehyung... Seeing the rough, unpolished side of himself, the Taehyung with imperfections... It was all a little too much.

"Tae? M'sowwy... But could we continue this tomorrow? M'sleepy..." Jungkook whispered out, flinching a little when Taehyung shifted, not exactly sure why. Instincts perhaps.

Flashbacks of Chris flashed through the coconut head's mind, and he forced himself to ignore the eerily realistic thoughts. Taehyungie is here, everything will be fine! He told himself.

"Do you want to sleep together tonight? I was meaning to ask you if you wanted to, and you can move out of your room into mine." Taehyung raised an eyebrow, hoping for a positive response. He saw the slight discomfort in the other male's face, even if it was there for a mere second.

"C-Can I?" Jungkook squeaked out, and Taehyung nodded sweetly. He knew if was still a sensitive topic, and did not want to intrude too much.

"Mm, this is warm..." Jungkook nuzzled himself into Taehyung's chest, curling himself into a ball. Now, spooning was something he could get used too.

~
hello! Slightly shorter chapter today, more like a filler chap. This took wayyy longer then expected bcuz writers block hehe. this book also recently reached 2k reads and that realllllly motivated me SO SO MUCH💖 also a big shoutout to everyone who comments ✨ yall make my day!

-junni