𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Kuroo and you are both standing in the elevator, both of you gasping for air from your recent run. Although he hasn't exactly stated where you two are going, you figure it's downstairs, where the hoard is. You didn't really sign up for any of this. especially given that you already dislike crowded places. Yet here you are, boarding the elevator that will very certainly send you plummeting to your death. Kuroo gives you a slight smile as you turn to face him after seeing that his eyes were already fixed on you. Despite the incredibly vague explanation and instruction Kuroo had earlier given you, there was no point in being anxious at this stage because you had already agreed to anything to do with whatever this is.

The elevator door opens, jerking you out of your trance. Kuroo exits first, and you follow behind him. It really is louder. There are a lot more people here, and they all appear to be making their way to the entryway you two were heading for. You take in your environment by looking around. Many of the volleyball players were familiar to you, including a couple from Kuroo's team as well as, of course, players from other teams and sports.

While some people were just standing and conversing, the majority of people were walking to where the red carpet was. There were a lot of players from different countries. Some people went to shoot their solo photos and interviews when they were alone, while others had a partner. Most likely in unhappy relationships where the only goal is to flaunt their trophy wife or spouse. You truly thought it was kind of disgusting. You were oblivious of the lengths people in the spotlight will go to simply to maintain their reputation.

Too busy taking in your surroundings, you had failed to realize Kuroo came to a stop, causing you to softly bump into his chest. "You okay?" he asks looking down at you, eyebrows frowned to form a face of concern.

You say, "Yeah, I'm alright. Just a lot more people than I was thinking." Your voice becomes a little softer as you finish your sentence. As soon as you broke Kuroo's eye contact, you looked around and noticed that many others were already looking your way. You felt awkward because of it. How come everyone was staring at you in that manner? Furthermore, the look wasn't just a casual glance; rather, it was a resentful one. They had you up for judgment. Kuroo's attention was being held by someone they didn't recognize, and none of them liked it. None of the onlookers who were casting such disapproving glances could be held responsible. Kuroo Tetsuro is what everybody wants.

You won't have any problems, Y/n; come on, it's not that serious.
You reply, "Yeah, I guess you're right.
After halting at a line where the other sports celebrities were standing, you guys finally started moving toward the door where the red carpet had been spread out.
Kuroo takes your hand rather firmly but not painfully, and then croons in your ear.
Once we are there, we'll need to take a few photos and possibly do one or two interviews, okay?

"Yeah, okay,"
"Don't mess this up y/n. M'kay? Cmon don't be nervous, I know you won't disappoint me," Kuroo says to you sternly while he brushing some of the strands of your hair out of your face, almost like he's 'fixing' your appearance the way he'd like. Almost like you're his personal doll that he can't wait to show off.

Kuroo is conscious of his repetition. He truly doesn't mean to be impolite. He can't, however, afford to have you ruin everything for him. The stakes are too high for him to choose a well-known person, but choosing someone as ignorant as you would be even riskier. Maybe he could get you into media training, to prevent any embarrassing mishaps.

Interlocking your hand into his, Kuroo continues guiding you to the grand doors that were being held open by two guards on each side of the door. You could feel the palm joint with Kuroo's beginning to get sweaty as you could already see the flashing lights of the camera while the two of you continue to walk to the doors. Looking up to Kuroo you could see how incredibly calm he was. A smile crept onto his face the closer you two approached the doors. Kuroo was in his element. Most don't love the attention, some even have a strong hatred for, almost like one of Kuroo's friend, Kenma. Kuroo was the complete opposite. He got a thrill out of it all. He loved the flashing lights, the hundreds of questions being asked by people who care way too much about your life, the soft red carpet, and of course having a girl by his side that he can finally show off.

Finally, you and Kuroo have your chance to walk the red carpeted steps leading to the main event. The'reporters' immediately begin shouting Kuroo's names and asking you things that you couldn't even properly hear while the lights flash intensely, intensifying from before. Lifting your gown to prevent falling as you descend the stairs Kuroo pulls you back just as you were about to take the second step downward. He does so while maintaining a smile for the cameras and leans in close to whisper in your

"Pictures remember?" 
"Oh—yeah sorry I forgot. Should I—I mean, am I supposed to smile?" you asked.

"Yes, and be careful not to focus on just one camera. Please try and stay close "A faint chuckle escaped his mouth as he spoke. You were so adorable. You are just so stupid, and Kuroo loves it. Kuroo was having the most fun he'd had in a long time at this event, despite the fact that to you it might not have seemed to be so. Because of his status alone, you were so ignorant that you would likely agree with just about everything he asked of you tonight.

On the other hand, you appeared to be having absolutely no fun. Of course, you were next to Kuroo Tetsuro and were dressed in a gown that most likely cost more than your monthly rent and salary put together. But it was still too much. It's the most genuine interest you've ever received from so many people at once, and even while it's flattering, it doesn't take away from the numerous unkind glances you received from the event's guests.

They seemed envious, you thought, wondering how someone like you managed to even get here. Getting invited to Kenma and Kuroo's event is challenging enough. Being here plainly indicated that you held some sort of status, much less one at a gala. Not wanting to ruin things for him, your mind was full of ways to make everything appear as natural as possible. However, given how recently you've known him and the fact that you've already embarrassed yourself in front of everyone, you were hesitant to get any closer to him.
However, all your anxieties vanished as Kuroo's arm curled around your torso, rotating you to face him as his hands placed a gentle grip around your waist.

Before you knew it, Kuroo had his plump lips pressed against yours at the ideal angle for the photographers to take their cover photo. Kuroo anticipated having to take the lead. Since the reporters were mostly focused on him, it was only natural that they would grow bored with you two standing there for an extended period of time. That would not do for him. Kuroo wanted to send a message.
The same gentle lips that many throughout the world have imagined for themselves. You had no idea why the same lips that were nothing more than a fantasy and entirely out of reach were now on yours; your head was completely clouded, and your stomach was churning with butterflies.

You were completely and utterly clueless.

⌌⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍
❝𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩.❞