30| Epilogue: Forgiveness

(This is 10 years later)

• Harry's POV •

"Harry what the bloody hell do you think you're wearing?" Draco planted his hands firmly on his hips.

I looked down to see what he was so pissed about- I accidentally put on his favorite sweater (actually from the Weasleys, can you believe it?).

"Well I'm not taking it off," I retorted.

"What if you stain it or something?"

I rolled my eyes.
"Draco, sweetheart, there's this wonderful thing and it's called magic,"

"Okay smart ass come sit down and eat your pancakes before I throw them at you," Draco said, only half threateningly. I hoped.

He was a little more prickly than usual this morning and I wondered why. Surely a sweater couldn't have caused this?

Per usual, the pancakes were immaculate. The past few years Draco finally perfected the art of cooking without flames. It was a nice development but sometimes I missed the days where the kitchen was in turmoil. I guess I was a chaos craver? But only for Draco's chaos.

I shoveled the final forkful in my mouth and turned to him.
"Is there something wrong?"

"You could say that," he frowned.

"I swear the sweater was an accident, it was dark and I just went for the first thing-,"

"No it's not that, you look kinda cute in it, but I've been summoned to the Ministry to speak with Hermione," he said.

"Oh? About what?"

"It's Ginny, they said that she's really been declining and they want me to give her an evaluation," he sighed, "if she doesn't pass it then she'll be taken to Azkaban,"

I couldn't believe my ears. It had been quite a while since I had given her any thought.

"Why Azkaban?"

"She's violated the terms of the restraining bind that you have against her," Draco looked tired. And I'm sure he was because his work was getting a bit more demanding now that he was head doctor.

I myself had been offered a promotion but chose to turn it down. Arabella agreed with my choice since I got overwhelmed rather easily.

I felt a strange prickle in my ears. Something about this Ginny thing felt like something bigger. I wasn't sure why.

"Can I come with you?" I blurted.

He shot me a strained look.
"I don't know if that's best for you, Harry,"

"I'll behave," I grinned.
I watched him fight to try to keep that stern look on his face but it gave way to the smile that I've gotten so used to seeing.

"Fine, but only because I love you," he muttered.

"I know you do,"

*****************************

The morning of the evaluation for Ginny arrived.
We were both in the bathroom, making ourselves look presentable. In my case, trying to.

"Oh give me that!" Draco snatched the comb from my hand.
He grabbed a brush from his side of the bathroom and took it to my hair. Carefully, he raked it through and I was astounded how easily it worked.

"How did you do that?" I gasped.

"I have my ways," he said mischievously.

"Teach me!"