(6) Family Day Part 2

Sorry y'all, I planned to post this last week or even earlier this week. I ended up taking a road trip during this Rona and got sidetracked with seeing my favorite brother and our family. So of course, I ended up not finding free time on the trip to write and I was exhausted once I got home... But anyways I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

"Y'all ready," Daddy said with a smile.

"Vannah, pick heads or tails to see who goes first," Daddy said.

"Heads," Aunt Vannah replied. Daddy flipped the coin. " Tails, I guess we go first. Get ready to lose," he said with a smile.

We got in our place. Aunt Vannah and I were in the outfield. Adrian was the pitcher. Sebastian, Dean, and Rashad were on the bases.

The game started and it was pure bliss. I feel like it's been so long since we've had this much fun. Even Daddy is truly enjoying himself. I better pay attention, bases are loaded and it's time for Daddy to kick. He kicked the ball hella hard. It flew over my head. Ugh! I went running for the ball. Damn! They got 4 runs on us. I hear them talking smack but I'm about to make sure I get them out.

"Oh, how's it feel to be a loz-zer, Lina? You wish you would've stayed on my team,huh?" Daddy taunted me.

"You're gonna be the loser and nope. Wait til it's our turn... You gonna lose count of our runs." I retorted with a grin on my face.

"Mmhmm, we'll see," he replied.

Today is truly turning out to be a good day. I love being able to be carefree with nothing to worry about. Believe or not Daddy and I used to be super close and sometimes we still have our moments. Those days were such a simpler time. One where he was my superhero and I didn't see his flaws. Though I do realize he's human but sometimes it's hard for me to remember that. I just don't understand how sometimes he's such an amazing person then in the next moment he's the devil himself. I guess that's why I live for moments like these.

I took a deep breath. Jesus! It's hot out here. One more out and it's our turn. I can't believe they got 10 runs on us. It's ok. That just means we gotta do our best. Cayson is about to kick. They're cheering really loud. You would never guess this game was for shits and giggles. But Daddy's competitiveness tends to rub off on people. Cayson kicked the ball so hard it went straight into the air. I started running for it. Oh my God! Oh my God! I'm actually gonna catch it. I jumped up and got it.

"You're outta here! Mmhmm, out" I yelled while dancing. It's nothing like doing the running man while talking trash. One thing for sure about this family is we love talking trash and having a good time. Yeah, sometimes we can get a bit carried away.  That's why it's important to be a good sport.

Bases are loaded and it's my turn. Man, I'm nervous. It doesn't help that Daddy is taunting. He's just tryna sike me out since he's pitching. But I got something for him. He rolled the ball to me and I kicked the ball into next year. Then I ran for dear life.

"4 to 10! Y'all gonna be losing before y'all know it!" I taunted.

"Oh, is that right? I was just being nice. Now I'm gonna fuck y'all up!" Daddy spat with. Smirk on his face. If there's one thing he hates most and losing. He can't stand it. Even if it's just a friendly game.

Aunt Vannah is already on a base and it's Rashad's turn. We're cheering him on. He's so cute. He looks like he's gonna give that ball his all. He kicked the ball as hard as he could.