Chapter Three

We get on our bikes, (because neither of us have our licence) and make a break for it to Logan’s house and I am betting money, everyone else is already there. We arrive within twenty minutes and I automatically know I was right, we are in fact the last to join the “party”. I ditch my bike on the front lawn and make my way inside, with Allie close on my tail. 

“Where are you guys?” I shout. I normally wouldn’t do that but his parents aren’t here, so I guess its fine.

“In the basement!” Liam shouts, “Don’t get lost Maybell,” 

Well, it was a little to late for that, I turn right into the kitchen and dining room, I’m lost. Allie grabs my shoulders and leads me to the staircase.

“Too late for that Ams!” Al shouts. 

I get downstairs to find everyone trying to hide their giggles, which of course they aren’t doing a good job of.

“Urgh, why does that always happen?” I say plopping down on the couch next to Melissa.

“Jee, I don’t know,” she tells me, giggling, no duh. 

Matt interrupts our giggling to bring us back to the real world, “So, Logan, since all of us are here are you willing to tell us what happened?” 

“Nope.” Logan says, I could have guessed that.

“Ok fine, does anyone have anything to, um, share?” Matts adds and in response he gets about ten mumbled nopes, nothing muches, and some nos. I guess we are pretty boring, but not. 

“So, whats the plan then?” Skylar asks. 

“Dunno,” Josh says. 

To this Dylan starts gigging for god knows why, “May,” giggle “Are you” giggle “Ok?” which is followed by more giggling. 

“What? What, why are you laughing? I’m fine, what the hell?” I ask the sill giggling Dylan and at this point everyone else is laughing too. Let me just say I’m confused. 

“Maybell, you look really confused,” Josh says, laughing. I kind of am but seriously? My friends are the weirdest. 

I just roll my eyes and shake it off. Next, Melissa gets up and gets movie from the massive collection. I guess she has made a decision on what or plans are, but thats cool. Anything to take the random amount of attention of off me.

She decides on some comedy I have never seen and we all start to calm down after that, but I glance over at Logan and he seems really upset. I can’t focus on the movie, I feel bad, I know what it feels like. 

Soon after he gets up to leave and my instincts kick in and my crazy brain decides to leave my comfy spore on the couch and follow him up the stairs. 

“Logan, you good?” I ask as he grabs some popcorn.

“No May, not really,” he says sadly and I know its bad, he didn’t even call me Maybell.

“Want to talk about it?” I ask, I must be getting annoying at this point.

“Yes, but I don’t know how,” 

“Then, just say whatever you want too,” I say with sympathy in my voice. 

Next he stats rambling on and getting really sentimental and crying and I felt there was noting I could do. Slowly everyone makes their way upstairs to find Logan crying on my shoulder / us embraced in an awkward hug thing. I will say it was a beautiful moment. (I have decided not to tell you that stuff though, private info it’s just not fair.) 

We all closed out the night at L’s house and we had a lot of fun. We “partied” and got over the heartbreak and told secrets and laughed, a lot. That’s what I love about our friendship. We get over it and help each other through. No matter what the problem is. Until something happened.