Chapter two, Present Day

• Dedicated to Hailey

Well that was so long ago, almost three years. Things have definitely changed since then, but not in a bad way. Allie and I are closer than ever. Three years can do crazy things, we have fought, gotten through troubles of all kinds and made lots of new friends too. We even have your little squad, if you will.

There is Allie, me, (May) Dylan, Skylar, Melissa, Liam, Tess, Josh, Logan and Matt. We are all really close and I know its a large group but I do not know what I would do without any of them. We do everything together and we all have crazy individual personalities and thats what I love about all of us. 

Allie is so funny and great to be around, I’m full of attitude, or at least that’s what Allie tells me and I’m a quiet bookworm too, I tend to get lost everywhere I go as well. Dylan is quiet too, but he is great in a crisis (like when I get lost in amusements park, fun story). Sky is so creative, she plays piano and is great at art. Melissa if full of life and always does truly well at sports and anything athletic, a bit opposite from me. Liam is also a “jock”, and Tess is a cheerleader. (Allie and I think they would be cute together, but what a cliché.) Josh is a totally into video games, anything that has a controller, he can play it. Logan and Matt are polar opposites. Logan is a total geek, in a good way though. He can quote books, movies, tv shows and all that good stuff and Matt is kinda simple, he’s super nice and funny but he couldn’t remember my birthday to save his life. 

Thats our little “squad”, we do everything together. And I love that. The guys are the best, they are really protective for some reason and that makes me laugh. (I laugh but secretly I love it, honestly I would be upset if they weren’t like that.) 

*hey maybell, whats up* I get a text from Allie, I don’t know why she calls me that, its so annoying.

*hey back alliegator* I quickly respond

*urgh, why do you have to call me that :(* I get back.

*because you call me maybell* I type back with a smirky face.

*ok, i’m coming over, see you soon MAYBELL* she texts. 

*kk* I send.

We are like that, I know here the key to her house is, she knows the same and we live moderately close to each other, so we tend to spend most of our time at each other’s houses, so much so my dad has started calling her my twin. 

“HELLO I’M HERE!!!” I hear from the front door.

“HELLO I’M IN MY BEDROOM!” I scream back.

“HELLO I AM COMING UP THE STAIRS,” Al screams.

“HELLO, YOU ARE GOING TO WAKE UP TOM,” I whisper yell. Tom’s my brother, he basically sleeps all day. He is also in college and still living at home, lazy butt. 

“HELLO OOPS SORRY, DIDN’T SEE THAT CHAIR THERE, OW!” I hear a large crash and just shake my head.

“Allie, come on,” I say.

“Sorry, ok, the reason I’m here, I’ve got the scoop on some major drama,” she says snickering. 

“Ooh drama, do tell,” I say. 

“Ok, so, you know how Logan’s been crushing on that girl Meghan, you know the tall blonde girl who I’m not necessarily a fan of,” she asks, knowing i know the answer. 

“Yes of course, I know who Meghan is,” I say, rolling my eyes with a smile. 

“Ok, so L asked her out, which was a dumb idea because now he won’t text any of us, poor things probably crying in a corner re-watching Star Swords.” she ends.

“Al! You shouldn’t say that! So, what I take it is she said no, and she did a good job of saying it?” I ask.

“Yes, just another reason to hate her more,”  she says. 

“Ok. let’s go, I feel bad now,” I say.

“WE ARE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!” she yells.

“Yes, yes but Tom’s still sleeping,” i say.

Before we leave I have to do a few things like have lunch, get dressed and leave a quick note for Tom. It’s a good hour until we leave the house and we are on our way.

--------- 

Please Vote, comment and share with friends

-Em