Chapter One, The Past/ Prologue

The Incredible Unlikely Surprising Heartwarming Sad Sob Story of how I met my Best Friend 

—————————————————————————————————————————

I was scared, apprehensive, terrified, petrified and excited all at the same time. Starting a new school make you do all these crazy things, think so many thoughts and have so many doubts. What if they don’t like me? What if they think I should be in a mental institute? They will probably think I’m weird. Oh well if they don’t there is only one more year until high school. Wait, can I be an awkward alone weirdo for a year? 

Those were the fears I had, they never got worse, but they never left. (Until school started of course.) But I started to get slowly more excited and excited, and I think that was because i was just excited to leave the hell hole of my old school behind. And I was excited that my hopes for the new school would be met. 

So slowly over the summer I got progressively more excited but I was still fearful, duh. Who wouldn’t be?

This summer was difficult too, boring definitely, and sad. It’s hard to move away from the beautiful pacific coast of San Fransisco, where I spent my entire life, to Palm Springs, and trust me Palm springs is beautiful, but Its definitely a big change from the city I’m used too. I guess it’s like a big city escape. Not what I am used too, for sure. But my grandparents do live there and my parents have always wanted to live there too, so it’s not like I”m moving to oblivion, I know my around this town.

There was one week until school started, and we had visited the school, found out about the rules and I was all set.

I had picked out my outfit, (my white shirt with purple roses and black leggings with a large silver accent necklace) contained the curls and made them look gorgeous, (by putting them in a beautiful crimson milkmaid braid) did my makeup, made my lunch threw it in my bag and I went off to school. 

I was lead to my class, with nerves to the ceiling, and was introduced to my teacher. My teacher was a warm lady who knew all about my home in San Fransisco which was the biggest comfort. My teacher then lead me to another girl, she was pretty will long, stick straight blonde hair and nice clothes. She was talking to another girl too. 

“May, this is Allie, she’s new too.” says my teacher, directing me to this Allie. 

“Hi, I’m May,” I say to her.

“Allie, as you already know,” she says with a faint laugh, “Where are you from?”

“San Fransisco,” I say, “And you?”

“Sacramento, I guess we didn’t live that far from each other, did we?” Allie responds. 

“No, I guess not,” I say with a smile. Before we could continue our conversation the bell rings and we are given instructions and lead into class. The two of us immediately sat next to each other, it seems as we were inseparable. It was like there was a binding force between the two of us. What was weird about this school was there were barely any kids in our grade, but I guess that didn’t matter to us. 

We chatted at breaks and lunches and I slowly started to learn more about her, like the fact she hates spiders, loves sushi, her favourite colour is teal, she has a cute little dog named Joey, she has no allergies and many other things. 

Days and days went by and our friendship grew and grew, one of the funniest things happened too. We were sitting outside and there were these beautiful little dragonflies. They were red and happy, and the year sixes were chasing them around the park, and of course Allie gets up, steps on it and puts it right in a beautiful position for the children to catch. They grabbed it and ran away screaming, seeing as they had caught a dead dragonfly.