Happenings

"Geez, how did this happen?" Adashino sighed as he watched Ginko settle across from him and strip himself of his top layers, revealing angry red scratches and scars. "That wasn't a tiny one—" he gestured to Ginko's torso where a long jagged scar circled his pale skin, "huh?" 

Ginko raised a hand to rub at his pale eye. "Way to state the obvious," he muttered lowering his hand with a grumble, letting it fall and wrap itself around his waist with a small groan. He raised his face to look up at the doctor across from him once more, raising an eyebrow. "What?" He asked, watching apprehensive, as Adashino glared at him. "What's with that face, Sensei?" He spiked the last word with an attempt at a teasing tone, a small grin spreading slowly across his face. 

"This is no laughing matter, Ginko!"

The white haired Mushi-Shi winced and recoiled at the doctor's tone. His arms wrapped tighter around his waist as he slowly hung his head and averted his gaze. With a sigh, Adashino scooted forwards until his knees were pressed against Ginko's and his arms on his shoulders.

   "Ginko," the doctor whispered softly.

When no reply came from the white haired man, Adashino slowly leaned forward, moving to wrap his arms around Ginko, hugging him as gently and carefully as he could without irritating his wounds.

".. Stop," Ginko whispered. "Adashino."

Adashino sighed again, ignoring Ginko's soft protest and nuzzled his face into the junction between Ginko's shoulder and neck. "Ginko," he murmured again, his lips moving against the pale skin of the Mushi-Shi. "You aren't being yourself."

  "What do you mean," Ginko muttered, the hands wrapped around him stilling. His eyes closed as he slowly leaned back into the doctor's arms, his head falling back with slow movements as he gave up on stopping Adashino. "I'm just as I've always been." 

"Mm no, you're definitely acting strange." Adashino concluded with a soft hum, kissing the lower portion Ginko's neck, earning a shudder from the slightly shorter male. "After all," he said tracing the scars along the white haired man's chest and torso with his fingers, "it isn't like you to get injured."

Silence fell over the two as Adashino could feel Ginko stiffen in his arms, muscles tense and position rigid. Lifting his face out of the junction between Ginko's neck and shoulders, Adashino whispered, "What's the matter?" 

Ginko refused to meet Adashino's gaze, keeping his eyes set firmly on the wooden floor as he slowly curled over himself; the wounds that he had obtained earlier on sending sharp shocks of pain throughout his body with every movement. 

   "Ginko..." came the doctor's softer tone once more. "Ginko... Tell me what happened out there."

   "I'm fine,"  

  I'm not..

  "Leave me alone,

Don't leave me..