Run Boy Run

Ophelia hadn't had a good night's sleep in years. The nightmares would start up again every time she closed her eyes. After a while, she just stopped trying. It was one of the many lasting effects Reginald had gifted her. Currently, it was one in the afternoon and there was no news from her siblings. She was starting to believe they were all going back to ignoring each other again. After all, Ophelia had slept at the academy without anyone knowing. Old habits were hard to break, even for the most extraordinary.

Before she could get her morning cup of coffee, she was interrupted by the loud noise of glass breaking. Klaus had been scavenging through the drawers, while Number 5 was sitting on the dining table of the mansion.

"What are you two doing here? And Klaus, I told you that you already took everything of monetary worth. So please, try and leave the plates alone." Ophelia said, rubbing her temple in circular motions.

"I told him to stop... Anyways, We are in need of your assistance today." Five turned, looking at her seriously.

Ophelia looked at his face, expecting him t0 be playing a joke. "Why me? No offense, but I barely know you."

"Exactly, I don't need all the questions." Five answered.

Ophelia didn't understand his discontentment with his siblings. He had just gotten back. "I had nothing to do today, so I'm in," Ophelia answered.

"You're not going to ask me what I need you to do?" the boy asked.

grabbing an orange off the table, Ophelia lifted her eyebrow, "Does it involve killing someone?"

"No. I don't think so." Five replied.

"Well then, I don't care." the woman grumbled.

"I need you to pretend to be my mother." Five said with a sigh of irritation, causing Ophelia to choke back on her own spit. 

"That's going to have to be one of the weirdest things someone has asked me to do Five. if you haven't noticed, I am not mother material... I..."

"Are you in or not?" The boy hastily snapped, not allowing her to continue.

Klaus replied for her, still trying to find something of worth in the cabinets, "Ophelia says yes... He's paying me, and I promised not to break in anymore if you said yes Ophelia."

"Ohh, so this is what gets you to stop going through people's stuff. Unbelievable." Ophelia scoffed at Klaus, making him stick his tongue out at her.

"If we're going to do this. We need to talk in private." Five huffed, before zapping into the room above.

Ophelia and Klaus remained downstairs, confused by his disappearance. "Do we just follow?"

"Yeah, that's sort of his thing." Klaus dragged out. He reached out for Ophelia's hand and pulled her into Fives's room, located upstairs.

"Get in the closet." Five said, pushing Klaus and Ophelia in.

"What, why?" Ophelia asked, hearing Vanya yelling for Five. Before she could properly comprehend, she was shoved in the closet with Klaus.

"Ohhh, how I've missed you. You smell like cotton candy. " Klaus whispered in a creepily low tone, smelling her hair. 

"Shut up Klaus. She's probably coming up." Ophelia strained.

Klaus really couldn't keep his mouth shut. In order to keep their cover, Ophelia had to block his mouth with her hand. She tried to press her ear where the sound was coming from, she but was blocked by Klaus's gigantic head. Ophelia couldn't make out what was being said. She had given up on the task altogether.