[ 💔 ] - Chapter Two

❦ ════ •⊰❂⊱• ════ ❦

It was understandable that Eijirou avoided Katsuki after their breakup.

He was so upset that day at the coffee shop — so upset that he muttered a quick "sorry" and ran out before giving the spiky haired male a chance to respond.

It pissed Katsuki off, honestly. Like a commander he told him that he wouldn't be leaving the shop anytime soon, because hell, it was fucking pouring outside. They were already wet. But he didn't listen anyway, always doing whatever he wanted.

He let him run off anyway because he knew the situation was uncomfortable. He didn't care that his hand was burned. He didn't care that he was abandoned. He didn't care that the rain cursed him to do shitty things.

All he hoped for was that Eijirou wouldn't catch a cold out there.

At school, they would never talk again. They'd avoid each other and wouldn't even compete like they used to.

Everyone noticed, of course. They were a fucking power duo — man and man. Hero and hero. The couple most likely to stick with each other the longest.

Even when they were assigned to do something together they lost that chaotic flare in their dynamic. Eijirou no longer sent a smile towards Katsuki. He ceased to be the lively sunshine he usually was when he was with him. When the explosive spirit got into a fight with others, he didn't step in.

All he did was do his thing. He treated Katsuki like a stranger.

And Katsuki admitted — to himself of course — that it hurt.

But only for a little bit.

He was hurt temporarily.

And quickly did he move on.

He realized that it was he who broke up with Eijirou so he shouldn't be the one crying about it. It was better to focus on himself and leave his past lover to do his own thing.

So what if Red Riot was left in the dust? So what if he crumbled and suffered like everyone else? He wasn't good enough for the number one hero, Ground Zero.

So Katsuki stopped caring.

He wore balls of steel, strengthening the armour around his heart so that he would never let love get in the way of his goals again. He died every day to become better, to maximize his fullest potential. Every second of his training wouldn't be sent to waste because he threw away some weird shitty ball of sunshine for it.

He fucking sacrificed Eijirou's heart and shat all over his feelings to get ahead.

And he believed it'll get him somewhere in the near future.

❦ ════ •⊰❂⊱• ════ ❦

Last edited: n/a.
Word Count: 491 words.

a/n: This is kinda like a flashback/non-present chapter hehe sorry to have left a cliffhanger on the last chapter !! Now we'll probably be getting into some pro hero stuff with Katsuki and all 😌👌 I honestly just want to get to the angstiest part of this book so I'm excited !!!