[ 💔 ] - Chapter One

❦ ════ •⊰❂⊱• ════ ❦

Katsuki made his way up to the large podium, his formal yet messy appearance catching all of the audience's attention. He was going to graduate, which easily took him a step closer to be a Pro Hero and being known worldwide.

"You're amazing at fighting villains, bro! Man, you gotta teach me how to emit shit from my hands. It's so hard dealing with my electricity quirk!"

"Kero, congrats on your award, Bakugou-chan. I'm surprised you managed to get one even though you rank lowest on cooperation skills..."

"You put me through a lot of shit that I'll never recover from but congratulations anyway, Kacchan!"

The ash blond ignored everyone as he walked up, lest stealing glances from the whole school that watched him with eyes wide open, ears out to listen to his speech.

He stepped onto the podium with a small 'tch', feeling the cold breeze hit him from up there. He kept his hands in the pockets of the black pants that he was forced to wear by his mother. As he gazed down dominantly at the crowd that gazed right back, he noticed a certain redhead that stood out among everybody else. Those beautiful vermillion locks always did, because they were uniquely gelled up almost every day.

"I finally fuckin' made it," he cockily sneered into the microphone, which resulted in him getting disapproving glances from his teachers. He rolled his eyes yet continued to speak, not giving a damn about the fact that he was swearing. "Now that I've graduated and am already number one, I have one more goal for myself: to outlive all of you extras."

What the hedgehog got in response were some murmurs of dissatisfaction. The corners of his lips curled into that killer smirk he always wore before killing some extra, but spoke again to finish it off. Though Katsuki was an extrovert, he really didn't wanna waste so much time on a stupid podium.

"Fuck all the other dimwits who tried to get in my way the past four years I've been here. Just so you know, you can't ever beat me. Why? 'Cause I'm number fuckin' one and I've got only myself to thank for making it this far! You got that pierced into your puny brains, huh?!?"

Aizawa decided that enough was enough and pulled the hot-tempered teenager away from the microphone, handing over his hero diploma with a look on his face that read, "I'll kill you."

Ignoring the teacher and taking his diploma, the ill-mannered bomb scoffed and walked down the podium. His walk was confident and tall as he marched back to his seat at one of the reserved tables for the students. Hanta patted his back when he sat down with him, Mina, and Denki, but he slapped it away.

After a few students came up to get their diploma, a memorable name was called. Finally.

The ash blond's blood-coloured crystals observed his ex's joyful walk up to the podium as everyone cheered for him.

"It's not surprising you wore your crocs today! That's our man!"

"That's my bro! Jeez, he looks so grown up compared to the time when we were just in middle school!"

"Congratulations, Kirishima. Because of you and Kaminari, I have learned what memes are."

A wide smile was shown on the shark-toothed guy's mouth as he made his last few steps up the podium a jog, looking more excited than Katsuki ever actually saw him before they separated.

Did he move on? Katsuki wondered. Does he still think about me?

Already a soothing feeling of sunshine was radiating out of Eijirou as he stood before the crowd. He shined so bright, crafting him perfectly to look like an angel.

He beamed into the microphone, "I made it! I actually made it! I'm just as happy as a dog who got a new toy!"

Bakugou's shoulders slumped in second-hand embarrassment after hearing him practically yell like a child into the mic. He swore that everyone's eardrums were probably dead by now because every student and teacher dealt with Present Mic's voice for the last four years. However, Eijirou seemed to have finished it off, but everyone was still proud anyway, smiling to hide their pain and cheering.

"I wanna thank my classmates, friends, and teachers for helping me get this far! You all are awesome and made me strive to become a great hero," the jubilant youth continued, oblivious to the fact that the audience's ears were having a funeral. "Of course I want to thank Crimson Riot too! He's my biggest inspiration after all!"

Katsuki stared up at the talking student. He remembered him having such a sweet grin, definitely a heart full of gold. It hurt that he didn't get to see that anymore. Eijirou, since that day, never — ever — spared a smile to him.

But he deserved it, he guessed.

❦ ════ •⊰❂⊱• ════ ❦

Last edited: n/a.
Word Count: 886 words.

a/n: I have absolutely no idea how high school graduation ceremonies work. I should've done my research before writing this but the draft was from 2018 and I felt too lazy to think of something new LOL
Let's just pretend for the bnha universe, they let every graduating student have a small moment of talking before graduating!!