Intro

My name is Mariah Ryder, but you can call me Mim, 18 yrs old and in love with travelling, photography and just living.
Unfortunately for me my family will have none of that as I will not get a "proper" education or go anywhere in life if I focus on the things that I want, no I have to either have a science degree of some sort or become a professional horse rider, you know dressage and all that shit.
I absolutely love horse riding just not as a profession, I like to be able to ride and get lost in the world, in my head and just forget, about everything.
I have a younger sister, who is 17, Sage is her name, an older sister, Meredith who is 22, they are both in love with horse riding and so my parents adore them.
Then I have my older brother Calum 20. When growing up he was into playing soccer and hoping to make it big one day. He was also very smart straight A's and top in every class he was until, 25th of January 2014, his 18th birthday when he decided he wanted to travel and start a music career. He told us at our very formal Birthday gathering, because Ryder's don't party. Sage, Meredith and I were extremely happy for Calum but our parents were outraged! A Ryder could not leave to just travel and not have a care in the world! It was just not acceptable, and my parents were sure to get that implanted in his mind.
But it was Cal's passion and he stated that now he was eighteen he could do whatever he wanted, as they were no longer his legal guardians. He left with out saying goodbye a month after and we hadn't seen him since, well my mother and father hadn't but Meredith, Sage and I had. Not in person but on the internet. We were up late one night watching some random video on youtube and in the suggested was a video of a band. It meant nothing to us until Sage pointed out that one of the guys looked like Cal. We clicked on the video, looking to see if it was Cal. The guy looked slightly different and his last name was Hood. If it was Cal I would've known.
As I have all the motives and and passions that Calum had I am a disgrace to this family and the entire world in my parents eyes.