Chapter 3

Mims POV

I stepped off the plane, half asleep and probably looking feral as ever, with Luke trailing behind me. We walked over to the conveyable to collect our bags, after I searched for my bags for a little bit I finally found them.

"Where you off to now Miss Mariah"? Luke questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Um I'm not entirely sure yet", I say with a chuckle, blushing slightly.

"Well you're in luck Mim, cause I don't have to go back with my band until next week so you and I are going exploring my friend". Luke states with the cutest smile I've ever seen.

"Well, only if I have to", I smirk at him and wait for his reaction.

"HAY that's not nice" he whines, faking hurt.

"Calm down honey, I'm only joking, but first I have to get changed because I look like something a cat just dragged out of the bush" I reply looking down at my oversized guys t-shirt, boyfriend jeans, and knowing my hair is most likely in a massive knot that is supposed to be a bun.

"I think you look very pretty right now just the way you are", Luke says sweetly.

I blush looking down at my feet not knowing what to say.

"But go on go change we have a big week ahead of us" he smiles and starts to head for a seat on the other side of the room.

"I'll be ten minutes max" I call getting some stares from randoms, but ehh.

I walk inside the girls bathroom and look in the mirror, yep I was right my hair looks like a birds nest. I sigh and open up my suitcase, I can't really be bothered to look my best but anything I do will make me look better than I do right now.

After a couple of minutes of looking through my bag, I find something half decent to wear. I put my ripped, light washed high waisted jeans on and my emoji cropped jumper, with my grey converse that I was wearing before. I pulled my hair out of my bun and decided to just put it in a messy ponytail. I zipped up my suitcase and made my way out the bathroom.

I looked up to see Luke walking towards me with his luggage and a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Cute jumper" he chuckled making me send him a playful death glare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made our way to the exit of the airport, me giggling at something Luke said. I look up to see flashing lights outside.

"Shit they found out damn it!" Luke mumbles under his breath.

"What? Who found out?" I questioned utterly confused.

Luke turned to me with a serious look on his face,

"Mim I'm going to need you to stay close to me, put your sunglasses on, keep your head down and dont talk to them, I don't want you getting caught up with them" Luke states in a serious tone.

"Why what are" - I start to panic.

"Please just trust me, I'll explain everything once we get in the car, please beautiful", Luke says and I can see the desperation in his eyes.

"Okay I trust you", I send him a small smile.

"Thank you, just try and stay close", he breathes out a sigh of relief.

I shoved my sunnies on and kept my head down as we stepped outside. I was walking just behind Luke when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me over towards them. I looked up to see a interviewer pointing their microphone in my face. Before I had time to answer or comprehend what was happening I felt an arm put around my shoulder, I shifted my gaze to see Luke looking down at me.