Chapter 1

The sound of a door being opened and closed was heard clearly in the late night silence of his condo. Being a successful businessman at a young age was hard and certainly had a toll on his day-night cycle. With a sigh, he made way to his bedroom skipping the dinner, yet again.

Once inside his room, he scanned it for anything unusual. But everything was the same, at its place and just like the way, he left it.

'What is with this strange vibe? As if something is wrong, terribly wrong.'

Giving up on the wary direction of thoughts, he climbed on his side of the bed. Not that he had any flatmate or roommate and certainly not a bedmate. He still chose a side. It was just the way he was calm and disciplined.

He had an important meeting the next day, and his secretary had conveniently forgotten to remind him of the same.

She remembered at around ten in the night forcing him to pull yet another long night. With the majority of work done in office, he brought some of it, back home. Sighing, he got to work.

Just then a ping of message was heard coming from his latest design of Smartphone. Unlocking the phone, he saw the message was from his Mom,

Mom: Beta, we have to discuss important stuff with you. Come home tomorrow evening.

Wondering what she was upto, he sent her his reply of affirmation. This feeling of strangeness intensified but he got a grip upon himself and got back to work.

** Next Morning **

The deal he had prepared for last night, went down without much fight. He was successful in winning another new contract for his firm. Another success, another reason to celebrate. Yet, his secretary was efficient enough to remind him,

"Sir, you have a family dinner today. So, no time for parties."

" How nice of you to remind me that I can't party. If only you could have done me a favour and saved me some sleep last night rather than working overnight!" He exclaimed with wonder to her.

She blushed with embarrassment, "Sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

" Better not."

They were just about to leave the host company, when his rival Mr. Ashok Verma, came face to face with him.
They both had been rivals, since time immemorial. Ashok smiled ruefully and turned to his secretary, "Look, someone has got better at handling business. Thinks he could beat me up in this game.", he exclaimed loudly.

"Mr. Raheja, this is not the time to pay attention to people like him. Come on, we are getting late for our next meeting."

For the first time, since morning, Vikram Raheja felt grateful for the efficiency and tardy bit talkative secretary. Paying no heed to Verma's nonsense he continued on his path.

On reaching the car, he thanked his secretary for the save, she replied with a mere,
" Its my job to keep you out of troubles, sir." She smiled pleasantly back at him.

He mischievously said, " Yes it is, though you manage to give me sleepless work nights."

She chuckled, " Oh! How long are you planning to be sore about this, sir?"

" Long enough, to annoy you, Sneha!"
Vikram and Sneha were a boss and secretary within office, outside they had a Dear friendship, where pulling each others' leg was acceptable.

After dropping Sneha, at her apartment complex. He instructed the driver to take him to his parents' house, in one of the posh areas of Jaipur.

***
Beta = son