Chapter 32

" Sneha! Calm down, okay?" Rahul said trying to calm his wife. After giving out threats to Vikram she became all emotional much to Rahul's disappointment.

Sneha glared back at him, " You don't have time for me. You are busy ,eventhough, you promised to come as soon as you can. You..."

" Shush! Sneha calm down." He pleaded. " You know I'm doing my best to come as soon as possible." He stated looking into her eyes.

Those eyes couldn't stop themselves, they started tearing up.

" Rahul, please come soon, please!" She was sobbing softly. " I need you. You know this month is terrible for me, I can't bear this alone, please!"

Rahul could just stare at his wife tearing up, his heart wrenched in his chest. " I will come by tomorrow, okay? Please stop crying."

Vikram couldn't bear looking at her agony.
" Sneha...we are here na...everything will be fine."

Juhi too couldnt see her sobbing, "Sneha, what is wrong tell me. You have been doing this for two days now. Tears don't suit you, come on wipe them off."

Sneha just cried harder. Juhi pulled her into a hug and patted her back.

Vikram's eyes shifted to the laptop. He saw a distraught Rahul discreetly trying to wipe a single tear that didn't obey his command.

" Rahul, finish your work and come soon, okay?" Rahul managed to nod and the video call was off.

He turned to see Juhi taking Sneha to her room. He stay put on the sofa pondering on the issue at hand.

Time passed and Juhi came out after making sure Sneha was fast asleep. She saw Vikram sitting still at the sofa. She went to sit by his side,
" She ate a banana and is sleeping."

Vikram nodded.

" Vikram, why is she so upset? In two days I have seen her cry. It's so unlike her."

" She wasn't always like this." He replied wistfully.

" What happened ?"

" It is not my story to tell."

" I understand." She nodded and forced him to dining table. She served him some food and they ate.

Juhi was dropped off home by Vikram before 10 as promised.

Sneha was still sleeping. Rahul was anxious about his wife. And somebody watched the devastation start from afar.

-

" Mom!! Dad!!" shouted a little girl.

She saw her brother sitting silently beside the two of them.

" Bhai, why are they not saying anything?" She shaked him.

He stared at the girl and said " They are dead!"

They are dead! Dead!

He said dead!

The little girl sobbed hard.

She was suddenly shaked.

Her eyes opened to look at the surrounding, it was light and somebody was shaking her.

She looked up to see Vikram who was giving her a worried look.
" Vikram..." she cried on his shoulder.

" They are back? Your nightmares?"

" They are always around this time of the year."

Vikram sighed and made her sleep. He pulled a chair by the side of her bed and sat on it.

Author's Note:

A: I don't like Sneha crying!

Sneha: Who is responsible for that, huh?

A: Me, who else.

Sneha: Then bear with it🙍🏻‍♀️
-

Devastation has begun.

Stay tuned.