ch01

"They're at the lobby, on the way to the meeting room." Jihyo reminded Sana, who was now tidying up her desk from organizing the files. Sana took the last gulp from her coffee and threw it into the steel can. She stood up and fixed her clothes, walking to a tray holding some whiskey in a glass container. "Sana, it's way too early to drink, don't you think?" Jihyo took a step towards her, but she knew better than to stop Sana from indulging into alcohol.

"Just enough to get through this godforsaken meeting." Sana groaned and downed the glass of whiskey in one gulp. It stung her throat, scratching it harshly. She remedied the pain by coughing lightly. She put the glass down and made her way back to the desk, when her phone rang.

 She put the glass down and made her way back to the desk, when her phone rang

"Great." Sana complained and answered it.

"Hi, sweetheart." A gentle voice on the other side of the line greeted. Sana despised the endearment. It reminded her so much of her father, after all. "Don't call me that so casually, we aren't married yet."

"Fine. Hehe." A giggle was heard on the other side. Myoui Mina's. She was the heir to one of the three elite corporations in Japan. A "distant" childhood friend of Sana's. Their relationship was exclusively platonic, but contracts bind them to each other. They were to have a contractual marriage, married on paper to please the press, basically. When asked for a reason why, all Sana responds with is, "It's good for business." When it truth, it's something far beyond that. It was something personal.

"I'll see you in a bit? We're on the elevator now." Sana squinted her eyes, but at the mention of the fact that they were in the elevator already, she grabbed the folder and made her way to the meeting room booked for the occasion. "Did you really call me just to tell me that?" Sana was clearly annoyed. Mina knew she was overstepping boundaries, but she didn't mind it too much. "Why, can't I call my wife-to-be when I want to?" Mina mocked.

"If you're thinking I'm actually falling in love with you, you're mistaken." Sana's voice was absolute, cold. She didn't like unannounced calls for anything other than business. Mina sighed, knowing Sana was being her stubborn self. "I know. Bleh" The line hung up.

Sana burst into the meeting room. It was colder in it compared to the hallways. She didn't mind, she was used to it. She took the seat on one end of the long meeting table and laid out her copy of the files, marked with revisions and concerns in red ink. She didn't have to wait too long, since only after a few minutes, the Myoui family entered the room with their legal personnel.

"Good Morning, Mr. and Mrs. Myoui." Sana greeted with a bow. Not a crack of annoyance could be seen on her face. She has perfected the art of professionalism. A tall, slim figure stood beside the two parents. Her hair sat on her shoulders elegantly. She was wearing a black off the shoulder dress, which hugged her figure perfectly. A black swan, if you may. "And of course, Myoui Mina." Sana plastered a smile on her face to please the folks.

"I'm sure you've been informed that we're here to discuss your marriage with Mina?" Mr. Myoui put his arm across Mina's shoulder. Sana nodded and offered them chairs to sit on. "I am. I've looked over the contract myself, and I have a few things to discuss." Sana drew up her papers and discussed the details to the Myoui clan.