|04

−CHAPTER FOUR−

LAVINIA ADORES EVERY SINGLE inch of him as she watches him intently, and she thinks he's the prettiest of all the boys she has ever met

She still remembers how he looked down at her with a glint in his eyes when he realised  that his baby was looking at him with a mischievous grin on her lips.

She loved their late midsummer drives, ones that began when the sky was a celestial and triumphant commingle of delicate hues of orange, yellow and pink, all sprinkled and dusted intricately among the baby blues, ones that ended with feverish kisses, bittersweet promises and never-ending deception, ones where he didn't need nicotine because he'd already be high on her skin, her lips, and her kisses.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks her, as she lays her head in his chest while he plays with her hair. The rain has stopped, he had kissed her hard, the sun was setting and they didn't have any plans to go home.

"You," she whispers, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck like he was all she had.

"What are you thinking about?" He says as he reaches for her hand. She doesn't stop him, instead she just reminisces and smiles.

"The past. Everything," she murmurs and looks out the window, she says it so softly, it could've just been another whisper in the wind but she knows he heard her. He always did. "You."

He caresses her skin softly, and chuckles lightly when he hears her answer. His throaty laugh rolls smoothly off his tongue, the heavenly sound becoming her solace all over again.

"You still think about me?" He glances at her for a brief moment before he reaches out for his cigarettes. She continues to look outside as he drives past her neighbourhood as he always did, it facinates her that he still remembers it. She hums softly in reply before she turns to him, he has an unlit cigarette between his soft lips and she doesn't miss the way his lips curve into a smile.

"Do you?" She asks him next.

"Do I what?" He arches his eyebrow teasingly and looks at her questioningly, beckoning her to continue.

He drives up to her house and stops to look to her. His eyes and his attention finally on her, she feels like his gaze could set her on fire. He leans in and closes the distance between them and all she can focus on are his eyes. She longs for his touch as if she has deprived of it, desperate to relive the euphoria that came with Elias Montgomery.

"Well?" He kisses her neck gently, his soft hair brushing slightly over her exposed neck as he continued to trail wet kisses. He stops and looks up at her, his eyes drunk on lust and she looks down at him, unable to comprehend his delicate touches.

"Do you think of me?" She finally says and he gives her an undecipherable smile before pulling her in gently and resting his forehead on hers.

He leans in to kiss her, his soft lips touching her own, his hands trails up her skirt and she lets him touch her, because she doesn't want him to stop. He smiles into the kiss when she kisses him back with the same passion, he bites on her lower lip and she parts her lips with a little moan for him. He can taste the sweet cherry aftertaste on her tongue, and at that moment it's the only thing he craves, while she can taste the sweetness, the intoxication, the poison all on his tongue.

They pull away, a little out of breath as he holds her in satisfaction. "Yes." he says, and she lets him hold her in his arms.

She smiles in bliss, she's with him, and he's with her and how she wishes for this moment to last forever. It's the only thing that haunts her mind, when she's with him her mind and her body is no longer her own.

"You left me," she wraps her arms around her neck tightly when she feels her tears trailing down her cheek because she remembered the person she was before he left. She hears his lighter flicker in the silence before the car slowly fills up with cigarette smoke.

He says nothing and listens instead. He rolls down the window and holds her quietly, staring at the sky as he releases his smoke slowly. He holds her until the sky is dark and she gathers her things and leaves in a hurry.

He lights another cigarette as he watches her go in, devoid of any emotions before he finally drives away.

TO BE CONTINUED...

a/n: i don't know how to feel about this chapter. :)