Prologue

Spider-Man hasn't been seen swinging around New York city for five months.

Peter Parker hasn't been eating or sleeping regularly for five months.

Gwen Stacy has been dead for five months.

~-~-~-~

Peter Parker blames himself for a lot of things. He blames himself for Uncle Ben's death. He blames himself for Harry injecting himself with venom and getting locked up in the RAFT. Most importantly though, he blames himself for Gwen's death. If maybe he helped Harry more, maybe if he made sure she wouldn't get of the webbing that held her to that car, perhaps if he was fast enough she would still be there. Maybe she would be at Oxford and Peter would be following her just like he said he would. Maybe if he stayed away from her like he promised Captain Stacy, she would still be alive.

He could barely sleep without waking up sweating or sometimes screaming and crying from nightmares. The events always replayed in his head. Her body falling as if in slow motion while his web flew towards her. The look on her face was one of pure fear. Everything leading to the sickening crack of her neck when the web finally reached her and as Peter latched onto to something to stop her from hitting the ground. The force of the stop was to hard and sudden for her body. Her body hung limply a few inches from the ground as Peter quickly jumped down to her. He let out a heart breaking sob as he grabbed onto her and held her close.

He could smell her perfume that reminded him of peaches and flowers. He strongly believed that he killed her. It was his Web that caused her neck to snap so few inches away from the hard ground. If he was quicker he could have saved her. There were so many what ifs that it made his head hurt every time he thought about it.

He didn't have the will to put on the suit since that day. He spent his days reassuring May that he was alright and bringing Gwen flowers.

He doesn't know why he decided to play her graduation speech today. Maybe he wanted to hear her voice which seemed like a distant memory to him. Her words really stuck to him for than he wanted them to. He glanced at his closet where his suit was thrown into and left untouched for the past five months. She wouldn't want him to beating himself up so much over her death, or hang up his suit forever because of her. If she was still here she would have scolded him by now and surly have ripped him a new one.

Peter glances down at his phone when there is an alert warning everyone to stay inside and evacuate a certain area. Peter turns on the small tv in his room and quickly turns it to the news.

Without hesitating Peter throws on his suit after months of not even glancing at it and climbs out his window.

~-~-~-~

Peter swings down and lands on top of a police car. A few of the police men give him a nod and smile when he glances at them.

"I've never seen you around before big guy!" Peter comments as he stretch his arms and checks his web fluid. "Get down here so I can squish you like a bug!" Peter sighs loudly. "Spiders are actually arachnids!" He jumps down from the police car and the villain, Rino as he calls himself, shoots a rocket at him. Peter jumps into the air and webs it, successfully throwing it back at him.

"Its good to be back."