It's Me (Muriel x Reader)

This is a little different from Muriel's latest update but I wanted some angst with a gladiator Muriel so enjoy :)

This is a little different from Muriel's latest update but I wanted some angst with a gladiator Muriel so enjoy :). Also obviously if you don't want spoilers for Muriels XVII The Moon update please do not read.

The dog pulled me out of the water

The dog pulled me out of the water. Panicked, my body was still fighting, and had automatically started to go against the foreign force without knowing if there were good or bad intentions behind it. My head broke through the surface layer in just mere seconds, and I was shoved above the water, gasping for air and flailing my limbs uncontrollably. My eyes widened, my jaw stayed dropped, and I slapped my hand over my chest as I began to settle. And, with each deep breath, I calmed down. As I sat there, I watched how the demon that I had just fought was still thrashing around in the ocean. I could go help, I thought to myself, but after all that trouble they put me through? I'd rather not.

Glancing a little to the left of me, I find myself coming face to face with the dog in front of me, catching the way they're eyeing me carefully.

"Thank you," I say genuinely, speaking through a soft cough, one full of saline water.

The dog nods in response, their ears fluffing up as they turn their head playfully. Unconsciously, my hands dig into the wooden edge of the small boat, my mind basking in the comfort that the feeling of gripping something solid with my hands gives off, and I stare at the way the waves beat against the side of the rowboat and continue until they gracefully slither back into the shoreline.

They begin rowing to the nearing shore. And soon, I can recognize what looks like Vesuvia, but a much more magical version. The difference from when I was last here is astonishing. Once up to the dock, the dog guides me into town and leads me through the crowds of people, easily weaving in and out of side streets. This quick travel continues for a few minutes, until we come up to a familiar structure. My eyes wander up the side of the coliseum, gazing at the building as I remember how it's nothing but a nasty and cruel place that hasn't been in use since Lucio was in power. Unfortunately, it must have came back into functioning, because I can hear the horrid yelling and shouting, even with the great distance between us. And, even though my next action goes against my rational thoughts, I start to make my way towards it.