Three Weeks

Zoe;

        “Three weeks until go time!” announced my mother as she threw open my bedroom door.
        "Yes…" I sighed as I glanced over to her and then back to the window.
        "Well, aren’t we a sad Sam today?" she giggled, "we have some very important meetings today, some with Jack and his mother."
        "Okay"
        "Zoe, please act a bit more excited! This is the man you will be marrying, can’t you at least act like you love him?"

        Without saying a word, I continued to stare down to the backyard as the party tents and many of the staff scattered the back yard. With all of the wedding planning, meetings, and gown fittings, it had seemed like I had become just a visitor in my own home. My father and I hadn’t had a civil conversation in weeks while my mother was too stuck on the wedding to talk about anything else. I wasn’t sure why there had been groups and groups of boys touring the house or why there were party tents being set up outside. It was as if my parents were trying to push me off on Jack so they could go on with being perfect social lights.

        "Mrs. Sugg?" I heard Marla call as I looked to see her in my door way.

        "Yes, Marla!" she huffed, "Zoe and I have some very important meetings today, do you mind helping to gather some outfits for Zoe and bringing them down to my room? We have some stylist down there that will help make sure we look our best."

        "Anything else?" she asked with a smile.

        "Please talk her into calling the parliament girls today, we need their dress sizes."

        Watching my mother leave the room, Marla rushed over to my closet and started to look through the conservative outfits without a word.

        "Marla?" I sighed as I turned to watch her look through the clothes.

        "Yes?" she hummed as she continued to work.

        "Why are they setting up the party tents? What is happening tonight?"

        "Your father is having some kind of parliament dinner." she snapped.

        "Are you okay?" I asked as I looked back at the large back yard and back to her.

        Hearing her try to hold back a laugh with a huge grin spreading across her lips, I knew that she knew something major.

        "MARLA!" I screeched as she turned to face me, finally letting out the laugh.

        "Zoe, you have no idea who was here."

        "Who?" I asked a bit confused, "El? Sara? Charlie? If they are you can tell the.."

        "ALFIE!" she shrieked as she instantly covered her mouth.

        Feeling all of the blood rush from my face, I could instantly feel my knees go weak as I fell back on the large window sill. Why in the hell was Alfie at my house? Was he looking for me? How did he figure out I was a parliament daughter? 

        "He can’t be" I muttered, "I didn’t even tell him my last name or…"

        "Zoe, he is here as part of the parliament internship program."

        "The parliament program?" I choked.

        "Yes, I bumped into him last week, he was part of the tour through the house. Zoe he is handsome and nice! He helped to pick up the clothes that I had dropped, he even apologized."