𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙞𝙙𝙚

"Get in, loser, we're savin' the world."

Tsuyu looks up from her phone to see Bakugou's head leaning out of a beat-up black van. Her gut stirs with an unfamiliar elation at seeing the blond again.

"The entire world?" Without the exchange of any actual information, Tsuyu opens the passenger door and hops inside. She wasn't really doing anything but moping around outside anyway. It had been three days since Bakugou had promised her they were going to shut down the JSPCA. She believed him, but the morbid reality of how close the sanctuary was to closing was too much to ignore.

"Nah, but it sounded fuckin' badass. We're goin' to that shit agency." Bakugou immediately pulls away from the curb and starts speeding down the street. Tsuyu is almost sure that they're going at least 30 miles over the speed limit, but she can't bring herself to be too worried. Bakugou seems like a competent enough driver.

"Get the fuck out of the way, asshole! The light ain't even green, you colorblind?"

Competent. She said he seemed competent. Not patient.

"Why are we going to JSPCA? Are you going to finally 'blow their shit,' Baku-chan?" Tsuyu watches Katsuki's cheeks turn a light pink color. She giggles at his transparency.

"What the hell are you laughin' at? I'm gonna do it," he responds. Tsuyu continues to giggle as the hotheaded blond checks his GPS system. "Shit, Asui, we almost missed the fuckin' exit 'cause of you." He takes a sharp left turn at worryingly breakneck speeds and Tsuyu resolves to stop flustering him before she ends up on the five o'clock news.

"Fuck, that was close. Almost had to take the long way."

Tsuyu raises her eyebrows in interest. "You'd break federal safety regulations just to not have to be on the road five minutes longer?"

"I've broken laws for less," Katsuki says plainly.

"I could've guessed," Tsuyu responds. She turns away from Bakugou and towards the open window. It smelled like it was going to rain today. She smiles hopefully.

"Watch it, smartass, I'll put your ass out on the street." Tsuyu rolls her eyes at the empty threat. "And you're gonna have to tone down your look if we're gonna be James Bondin' the place."

"'James Bonding'?"

"We're snoopin', genius. Ain't no way that an actual charity would be runnin' around sabotagin' rescue centers. There's somethin' goin' on." He reaches behind his seat to grab something from the back. He produces a black backpack filled with clothing. "So you gotta tone it down. The frog motif thing you got goin' on is gonna lead the shitheads right to your door."

"It's cute," Tsuyu states plainly as she sorts through the clothing in the bag to extract a large white hoodie and a red cap.

"I ain't say that it wasn't. It's just distinguishable."

"So you think it's cute too?" Tsuyu watches the blond turn an attractive shade of pink. For such a brash guy, he was easily embarrassed.

"No, it's fuckin' ugly."

"Liar." Pink is a good look on Katsuki. It makes him look soft. Less severe and more boyishly handsome.

"Stop fuckin' with me and hurry up. We're almost there."

They travel the rest of the way in silence as Tsuyu gets dressed and Bakugou continues to speed through streets. Soon enough, they reach a large, white building with the acronym 'JSPCA,' printed over glass doors. Katsuki doesn't put the car in park until they're three blocks away. When he finally speaks again, Tsuyu has just finished stuffing her hair into the cap.

"Alright, here." Katsuki passes her a ticket. "Let's go, we're gonna be late."

"I thought we were 'James Bonding,' not going on a date."

Bakugou turns such an intense red, Tsuyu thinks he might have invented a brand-new shade. "It's not a da— What the fu— It—"

"Take your time," Tsuyu teases.

"Fuck you," Tsuyu laughs at his distress. "It's not a date, genius, it's how we're gettin' in the building without trippin' any alarms."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. The shitheads are holding a tour of their building. It's only covering the first two levels, but obviously all the funky shit goes on at the top."

"So we're sneaking out of the tour and onto the top-most floor?"

"Yes, got it now?"

"I would've got it earlier, but you wanted to be a Mean Girl."

Another embarrassed flush of pink. Tsuyu wonders if he blushes this easily all the time. If so, the blond is definitely not as intimidating as he thinks he is.

"Get the hell outta my car. You're one smartass comment away from walkin' home."

"Okay, Regina."