The 1975: I like it when you sleep...

The 1975: I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it

The 1975 came into my life when Taylor Swift danced on one of their concerts and put a short clip on YouTube, and after I listened to their debut I wanted so much more! A few weeks ago they released the first single of their follow-up, and "Love Me" didn't impress me at all. Nice one, sure, but nothing to remember. Anticipation was building though, and tonight they performed in LA for Beats 1 due to their album's launch, and my friends and I celebrated this event and downloaded every song. Seventeen songs make their album, and as an album "I like it when you sleep..." means so much more than its singles. Matt Healy's voice is SO THE 1975 like Jared Leto's voice is SO 30 SECONDS TO MARS, and the funk and playfulness of the band's beats and melodies is pure joy. Dancing and dreaming means atmosphere, so we stayed awake 'till the sun rose to "A Change Of Heart", "If I Believe You" and "Please Be Naked" - well, we already were, and what makes this album so great: There's nothing to hide anymore. It's all about feelings drip-dropping down your spine.

Written in the week of the release