Chapter Six: Why did you defy me, Heart?

I woke up in my room, I have a superpower. My memory is always clear even when I'm drunk to stupor. My head hurt terribly.

I kissed him, oh no. Heart, why did you defy me in my most desperate time? I've always trusted my life with my heart, it always did things that were for my good. Maybe kissing Hardon is not so bad, right?

Oh no heart, don't try to cover up your mistake.

"Hey sis, how are you feeling?" Paul said entering my room with breakfast.

"Just a slight headache, that's all." I said taking a strawberry." Where did you get me from, Paul?" I added.

"Hardin brought you to me. He said you drank too much." He plopped himself onto my bed.

"Is that all he told you?" I asked with the corner of my eye.

"Yes what else happened?" he looked at me. "Rye, what else happened?" he said wiggling his brows.

"Oh be quiet, don't you have school?" I said punching his arm.

~*~

I didn't want to go to school today but skipping school is not i8n my father's dictionary. After family, education is the most important thing.

I already ignore everyone so this day should go just fine. I just have to avoid Hardin for the rest of the day.

I had AP calculus first. I had some alone time to think about what I did. My image has been kept up, I hope he doesn't see me as some slut or one of those girls that throw themselves at boys' willy nilly.

"Miss Vander Waal, did you get the assignment done?" Miss Crone glared at me. Everybody was staring at me; she has been talking to me. Consequences of boys.

"Sorry, this is the first calculus class." I said and sat back down.

"Well get the assignment done by Friday. Class dismissed."

I was the last to leave. Alone time felt nice, then I left the room. I was getting my chemistry book, I really wanted to find out what Safra and Paul did yesterday in my absence.

"Hey, green eyes." A raspy voice called out. Abort locker now! "Why are you leaving?" he asked catching up with me and blocking my way.

"What do you want?" I said harsher than I expected.

"Harsh." He said clutching the right side of his chest.

"Your heart is on the left side." I teased suddenly amused.

"I know." He answered laughing. "So do you remember yesterday. I have to say you are quite the kisser." He said a smirk playing on his perfect pink lips. Shut up, you too!

"Please don't repeat that night ever again. Apart from me being under the influence of alcohol, it was in the spur of the moment." I replayed the moment in my head.

I kissed him, I felt his shock but the booze in my system took over. After a few seconds, he kissed me back. When you're drunk, honesty is the best policy. He let us fall to the floor with him on his back and me on top of him. He didn't let go, I felt like this was the most correct and right thing I have ever done. I slowly tugged at his shirt and he let me pull it off him, he started nuzzling and kissing my neck....

Snap!

"Thinking about last night?" he teased smiling.

"Oh please, you are not worth remembering." I teased back.

"Well, you free this afternoon, I mean after school."

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing just wanted to take my girlfriend out to my favorite spot." A small grin played on his face.

I stifled a laugh. "Fine, but no funny business." I said.