Chapter Twenty-Three: Another Letter

I searched for him as I walked to my locker. All I could I hear were voices either thanking me or praising me for an awesome party.

"Great party, Rye!"

"Yeah, thanks for the invite!" I just nodded even though I didn't know where the voices were coming from.

"Hey, how was your night?" Hardin!

"Like you weren't there." I packed my books into my bag.

"Lucky for you we are in the in the same English class." He put his hand over my shoulder and I chuckled.

"Quit it." I lightly laughed. "Why did you come early today?" I turned to him dropping my bag on the floor.

"I missed you."

"Jerk." I smiled. He kissed me again in the sight of everyone and I just melted into his strong arms. There were whistles but it all drowned out. He pulled out and we were both breathing hard. I felt my face flush with my embarrassment.

"Good morning students. We've finished the book for month." She started. "So next week, we'll begin our next book 'Pride and Prejudice.'. I'll be leaving now..." she was interrupted by sounds of chairs and books. "Nope, this is study hall. Take this time to study your notes." She took her notes and left completely ignoring the boos and cries.

"Wanna to ditch this... 'study whatever'?" he put air quotes over the study.

"Why would I do that?" I opened my book. "Do I look like I hate school and my grades?" snapped my head to him.

"I want you to come with me, please?" he pouted. He looked so cute right now but I had to stand my ground.

"We have other classes you know, so no." I stifled a laugh.

"Please, only for half an hour."

"Can't you make it sound a little less rebellious and long?"

"Fine, thirty minutes." He looked me in the eye.

"Okay, but not because you convinced me... I just found out I forgot my English book." I face palmed myself.

"Great, let's go." He jumped up noisily and dragged me out, carrying both our school bags, earning whispers and shouts from the crowd of students behind us.

"You brought me to a love park?" my voice obviously disgusted.

"No, there's a special place I booked for us." He dragged me to deserted place. The place was decorated with little lights, there was a carpet with a flower vase in the middle, there were tulips inside... yellow tulips, he really has learned. It had a nice view of the sea and I fell in love with it.

"When did you plan this?" I asked still gazing at everything.

"This morning, I woke really early to do it."

"It's beautiful but what's the occasion?" He closed his eyes and took a deep, long breath.

"I want you to be my girlfriend." He blurted and sighed.

"What?" I smiled.

"I want you Rye Vander Waal... to be my girlfriend." He repeated, it was like music to my ears. I blinked a couple of times.

"Ye...yes." for a moment there, it was like I forgot how to pronounce yes. He opened his school and brought out something the threw it aside. "You got me a ring, but we are too young."

"No, it's a promise ring." He started. "Rye, I want you to promise me that whatever happens or whatever you hear from today, you will still have the same real and strong feelings you have for me now." I looked confused. "Promise me Rye." He urged.

"What's wrong Hardin, why do you sound scared?" I was getting worried.

"Promise me please." He urged.

"Fine, I promise. But what's wrong, why are you so cold and pale?" I looked up and my something in my eyes, it looked like the same paper I found in his bag last time, but it had something written on it. "What is that?" he turned.

"What?" he asked.

"That paper in your bag?" I pointed to it.

"It's nothing, let's get back to school." He tried to pull me but I yanked my hand away and ran to the bag. I picked it up and I almost fainted.

"What is this?" My hand was trembling as I pointed to the logo at the bottom. "You are a ......" I burst into tears.

"I can explain..." the same pickup line every fucking stupid boy uses.

"How could you Hardin and you still had the nerve to ask me out today?" I slumped to the floor. He ran to my side and put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't you dare lay that hand on me." I ordered my eyes failing me as I cried.

"I ...was... forced, I really didn't mean..." I raised my hand.

"Save it." I scooped up my bag and left in tears.

*

**

Chapter 24 is Hardin's POV,

I just wished it didn't have to happen like this :(