[16]

Chapter 16

"Matthew?"

- "Kim Jisoo.. long time no see!"

Jisoo keeps staring at him for a while before snapping back to reality and says,

"Aah.. yeah.. indeed. How are you?"

She asks him although she's still surprised.

"good.. In fact, very good." He replies, glancing at Jennie again and looking back at Jisoo, he continues, "Sorry for showing up like this so suddenly, you were the only person I know here."

He finishes, wearing an sheepish expression.

"Uh, no, not at all. Good thing you did.." Jisoo interjects, shaking her head, and then she turns to the girls and sees the same questioning expression, and quickly turns back when she notices his gaze shifting between her and them.

"Let me introduce you, these are my friends.." She begins pointing to each one of them, "Chaeyoung.. Lisa.."

With each name, she saw Matthew and the aforementioned nod to each other with a formal smile, "And lastly.. Jennie."

She says, looking back at Matthew, oblivious to Jennie's blank expression and her not welcoming this acquaintance with open arms, unlike Matthew, who is enjoying every second of this situation.

"This is Matthew, one of the people I met on Jeju Island." she adds, pointing to him.

"Nice to meet you," Matthew says, addressing the girls. They return the gesture courteously, except for Jennie, who remains silent.

"So! What are you doing here? How long are you staying?"  Jisoo asks him with sincere curiosity.

Matthew smiles sideways before replies,
"I'm afraid we will meet a lot from today onwards.." He pauses enjoying Jisoo's questioning expression, and mostly Jennie's reaction, he continues, "I'm a student here starting today."

His smile becomes wider when he sees Jennie's face flashes different shades of color.

Shades of terror.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .

"How is your lessons going?"  As she walks, Jisoo asks, her question directed at Chaeyoung and Lisa, who were following her along with Jennie.

- "Fine.. Miss Chongha will be doing our exams this weekend."  Lisa answers, and Jisoo nods, satisfied, as she looks back ahead.

With the bomb that Matthew threw at Jennie earlier, she made sure to get them out of there quickly and fortunately the time for the first lecture had come already, so one look at her phone clock and she announced it immediately to interrupt Jisoo and Matthew's talk as she got up in a hurry, not oblivious to Matthew's knowing gaze of her as she did.

"You're wearing a turtleneck sweater today.."

Chaeyoung remarks randomly interrupting Jennie thoughts as she looks at the oversized sweater worn by Jennie, with a turtleneck, covering her entire neck, attracting Jisoo's attention and Lisa to look at her as too.