[22]

Chapter 22

"You cry a lot, you know that?" Jisoo points out softly and sighs, looking at Jennie who is covering her face with both hands and crying as she has been like this for a few minutes.

Jisoo still didn't understand what exactly happened and developed for her to start crying, all she did was look at her like she asked, and once she did, her tears started falling heavily and she stayed like that for moments while staring at her before her crying increased and she covered her face.

Jennie's crying dies down slowly until it ends with short sobs and sniffles. She moves her hands away from her face, and begins to wipe her face, looking down. She remains calm and silent, with her hands on her lap, while Jisoo is looking at her with thoughtful gaze.

She hates seeing Jennie cry, but she knows that it's the way Jennie relieves the weight off her shoulders and tightness off her chest, so she learned to just let her be until she is done and calms down on her own.

Jisoo brings her head closer when she sees that the traces of tears have not wiped away completely, raising her hand, she places it on Jennie's cheek gently, surprising her and making her look with eyes wide open.

With her thumb, Jisoo wipes the area under Jennie's eye and the rest of her cheek, then raises it and directs it to the other side of her face and wipes it gently as well, after she's finished she goes back and cups Jennie's cheek.

"You okay now?" Jisoo asks softly as she searches Jennie's face with worried eyes, whilst Jennie was looking at her with glistening eyes, feeling her emotions overwhelming her again.

"No! Don't!"

Jisoo quickly prohibits when she sees Jennie's face frowning on her way to cry again. It seems that it worked because Jennie quickly stopped herself, sniffing and nodding to Jisoo obediently.

Jisoo stares at her a little longer, and before taking her hand away, she notices Jennie's red face and furrows her eyebrows in surprise.

"Do you have temperature?"  Placing her other hand on Jennie's forehead, she says, checking her body temperature and finds it raised a little, but not dangerously high.

"Good, not too high."Jisoo follows, removing her hands and adjusting her sitting,
"However, stay warm well."

She says as she looks ahead, and calm returns between them, both staying silent.

"Anyway, I have to go to work."

Jisoo declares after staring at the void for a while and tries to get up afterwards, but Jennie stops her when she holds her hand firmly.

"Jisoo." Jennie starts in a demanding tone as she clenches her grip on Jisoo's hand, and Jisoo didn't realize that she was the only one speaking until Jennie did.

Jisoo turns her head towards her with her body slightly and sees her gaze downward, specifically at their hands together, so Jisoo looks at them as well.

Jennie was holding Jisoo's left hand with her right hand, switching between tightening it hard enough to let Jisoo know why she was doing this and loosening as she constantly runs her thumb over the back of her hand.

"Jisoo.." She says again quietly without taking her eyes off their hands and without stopping the movement of her hand. "This.. this is real."

She says and pulls on Jisoo's hand again,

"This is genuine. This's what I want.. This's what I feel."

She was speaking in a calm tone, filled with emotion, so her words can reach Jisoo's ears and settle inside.  At first Jisoo didn't understand what Jennie meant or what she was trying to convey until she uttered her last two phrases.