one

I'm twisting and turning in my bed. It's too hot to sleep but I'm too tired to be awake. As I kick the sheets off of me, my phone vibrates.

New message from: sammy
[2:54 AM] sammy: hey r u awake?
[2:54 AM] isabella: no
[2:55 AM] sammy: for someone asleep you replied pretty fast
Message Read

[3:17 AM] sammy: okay okay i get it
[3:18 AM] isabella: 😄
[3:18 AM] isabella: why r u awake
[3:19 AM] sammy: because im bored😒
[3:20 AM] isabella: go to bed then
[3:20 AM] sammy: nooo, come over
[3:21 AM] isabella: do you not see the time?
[3:21 AM] sammy: no. if u don't, im gonna get you
[3:22 AM] isabella: ok now that was kinda creepy and no
Message Read
[3:26 AM] isabella: sammy
Delivered
[3:28 AM] isabella: ????
Delivered
[3:32 AM] isabella: okay now you're starting to scare me
Message Read
[3:34 AM] sammy: im outside
Message Read

My heart is beating fast. I get up slowly from my bed and tip toe to the window. I move the curtains and blinds to the side enough to see outside. His car isn't in the driveway.

New message to: sammy
[3:42 AM] isabella: i hate you, you know that?
[3:42 AM] sammy: you looked outside didn't you 😂
Message Read
[3:44 AM] sammy: okay im sorry, that was just really funny
Message Read

Incoming FaceTime Call:
sammy would like to FaceTime
Decline/Accept
Accept

"What do you want?", I asked Sammy, kind of annoyed from his previous prank. "I'm sorry, baby girl.", Sammy pouted. I tried to stay mad and keep a straight face but the pet name got me and I smiled a little. Sammy started laughing at what he did and I hung up.

Incoming FaceTime Call:
sammy would like to FaceTime:
Decline/Accept
Accept

"Yessss?", I asked, trying hard to hide my smile but failed once again. "That's not nice.", Sammy said in a sing-song voice. I just rolled my eyes and asked the same question from the previous call. "What do you want?" "I'm borrrrrred.", Sammy exaggerated. "What does that have to do with me?", I questioned. "Entertain daddy.", Sammy said while smirking and switching positions from his side to back. I gasped at what he called himself. "Sammy, you're not "daddy" anymore.", I said while putting quotations around the name. "Remember? We don't date anymore.", I continued. "I'll always be daddy, kiddo.", he remarked. I laughed at the name he called me.

Sammy and I are best friends. We've been best friends since first grade. We're seniors in high school now. We dated in junior year but decided to just stick to being best friends after a certain incident. He's kind of a little slut. I'm not like him though; I'll only sleep with you if I have feelings for you.

"My name is Isabella, not 'kiddo'.", I tell him, putting the air quotes up again. "Show daddy a little somethin'.", a smirking Sammy said. I just laughed in his face. I tried to be quiet because my parents are sleeping down the hall and my brothers' and sister's rooms are beside mine.

"Stop making me laugh Sammy.", I whispered, giggling. He laughed to himself. "Just call me daddy once." I turned my head away with a smile. "Please?", he continued, laughing.

"Okay...daddy.", I couldn't hold in my laughter. I burst out laughing and I could hear my mom yell from the room, "Go to bed, Izzy!" I laughed a bit more and hid under the covers. "You know, best friends shouldn't speak like this.", I laughed but in a shushed tone. "Yeah, I know...", he trailed off.

"Sammyyyyy...", I started, "Go to bedddd." "Izzyyyyy...", he mocked, "Noooo." I rolled my eyes, smiling, and shook my head.

"Good bye, Wilk.", I said. "Noooo.", he begged. "I will see you tomorrow.", I waved. "Stay up with me.", he continued. "No, Wilky." "Fine. Good night.", he said sternly and pouted. "Aw, don't be sad.", I said, giggling. "Love you, Wilky.", I sneered. "Yeah, yeah.", he said and chuckled before flashing a peace sign and ending the call.