{Ch1}

"Home, here I come!"

I walk on to the ship to America, my homeland. I've been staying in France for about a year now (and Now I can speak fluently in French), and I'm finally returning home to see my friends. Well, they're more like family. The Schuyler sisters. I've known them since diapers. My late father was very good friends with mister Schuyler-or as I call him dad-.

"Eh- ... hello miss. I'll take you to your cabin"

I know why he studded. I would never wear dresses. I hated them. They were so puffy and they weighed me down, so I always wore a white button-up with brown pants and suspenders. In today's day in age, that is extremely un-ladylike, but I couldn't care. I would enter the war if needed.  I was extremely tomboy and very tough, tougher than any of my brothers(I had 3, but we don't talk).

The guy took me to the cabin I was staying at and there was a second bed. I guess I'm sharing a room?

"Thank you, sir"

"Uh yes"

What a snob

I put my suitcase at the end of the bed and sit down next to it. I take out my paper, quill, and inkpot.

I put my inkpot on the nightstand next to my bed and open it up. The smell of ink sits my face and I sigh. I took my papers out and got ready to write.

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗺𝗲,

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮! 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗰𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱. 𝗜𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲, 𝗷𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺. 𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗜, 𝗜𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂.

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗹𝘆,

(𝗬/𝗻)

As I write my name at the bottom of the yellow-tinted paper, I hear somebody open the door.

I look up and see a very tall man that had tan skin, dark brown curly hair pulled into a ponytail, a brownish tan shirt and pants, and beautiful Caramel eyes.

Oh shit

"Uh, 'ello mon amie, My n-name is Lafayette."

The man spoke in broken English, but that was fine. He kept on stuttering like he was thinking of the words in English. I understood what he was saying, maybe I could just speak French.

"Bonjour Monsieur Lafayette. Je m'appel (Y/n).{hello mister Lafayette. I'm (Y/n)}"

His face lights up, relishing that he doesn't have to speak English.

(A/n ok so I know how to speak French and stuff, but since quarantine started I kinda just forgot to practice TvT so I'm just gonna underline what they're saying in French. K? K.)

"What a beautiful name. (Y/n)... anyways, are you native to France?"

"Oh, no. I'm actually American, but I've been in France for the last year. I decided that it would be beneficial to learn the language since I was going to be here for a while."